Sunday, December 27, 2009

Jesus, The Teacher

Good Evening to All!

On one occasion an expert [lawyer in the NKJV] in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

"What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?
He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

"You have answered correctly,"Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

Luke 10:25-28



These verses are tied into the story which I posted last night.

To me, these verses translate into ... Love the Lord with your whole being. Give your relationship with Him everything you have within you to make it work. All relationships take work, even human ones. As a matter of fact, the human ones are probably more difficult. God is a lot more forgiving than us humans, even though the scripture says that God cannot forgive us unless we forgive others.

As far as Loving our neighbor as ourself, without God's help, this is difficult because of human nature. We seem to be all about comparison, and competition. The old addage "keeping up with the Jones's holds true for the majority of us. We have been raised to think of ourselves first, then if we have left over things or if we get new things then we give away what we don't need or want anymore. I wonder what our reaction would be if Jesus came up to us and said "sell what you have and give the money to the poor. Not some of what you have, but all of what you have. I
wonder if we would do the same thing the young man did when he asked Jesus what he had to do to have eternal life and Jesus told him just that. He told him to get right with God (paraphrasing), then sell what he had . The young man said he had been doing everything which Jesus had told him to do since his youth, but when Jesus told him to sell all he had, he walked off. Are we that attached to our money and belongings? I hope if that time ever comes and He was to approach me, that I would have enough love in my heart and faith in Him that I would do that without question. I know we never know truly how we would react until we are in a specific situation, but I keep thinking that if I keep reminding myself, and believe that this situation could really happen, that I would make the right choice if it were to come to pass.

May the coming year be Blessed and prosperous for all.

Good Night to All and May God Bless !

PJ


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have had a very nice Christmas season, which I'm still enjoying! I'm happy to have my hubby home for a short time and right now we're enjoying some time with just the two of us (my girls are at their dad's house)! (Hubs is stationed in Army and we don't live together right now.)

Did you have a nice Christmas? I hope to get your books out this week :-). It'll be like a late Christmas present!

lynette355 said...

surprise....you have an award
http://theysayimnuts.blogspot.com/2009/12/your-angel-award.html

The Redhead Riter said...

What is the link to your BLOGFROG community? I can't find it anywhere. You can post it at any place here: http://theblogfrog.com/psearch/Community.aspx?blogID=1024359