Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Powerful Words



Good Evening to All!

Tonight I am reaching out. I feel the need for this specific Bible Seed Devotional. Not only to remind myself (which I do need reminding constantly), but to those out there who know the importance of God's Words and just think about it in passing, when they see a sign on a church bill board, or here someone saying ''God bless you", or just anything that might bring a fleeting thought to being. Then there are those who know, who have been introduced to it, but shrugged it off, or those who have Never heard them. So, I am definitely Not singling anyone out, I just opened my book, and this jumped out at me. I take it as a sign it's what I am suppose to use for my Devotional.

Today's Seed: "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."
Isaiah 55:10-11

The day dawned slowly with the sun hidden behind low-lying clouds. Haze, so thick you could feel it, filled the early morning air with the promise, or threat, of rain within the hour. There go the plans to work in the garden today. We'll have to go to plan B.

We can't choose the weather. All we can do is accept it.

But not God. He tells the snow to cover the earth and it does--two inches or two feet according to His decree. The same with rain. He sends a light shower or a downpour. The seed is watered and grows and gives grain for bread.

God's voice equals power-"I like that. Let me repeat it. God's voice equals power--power like humans know nothing about. But God doesn't keep His words for Himself. He has shared His words. if we listen to them, we will accomplish what He has set out for us to do and more. god's Word offers insight insight into our daily life. It guides us and blesses us and creates a shelter for use when we need one. and God's Word also offers us the opportunity to grow, like plants after the rain.


Dig Deeper: The Hebrew word for "watering" means watering abundantly, soaking, making drunk, or satisfying to the full. God's Word will fill us abundantly.


Background Bulb:


Isaiah's prophecy that the Israelites would be released from their exile in Babylon continues in these verses and focuses on the reunion of God and His people. Isaiah describes how the people will be renewed and the Jewish homeland will again flourish to the point that the "hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands" (55:12). all this is possible because the promise of God's Word is good and what He wants to accomplish will be done.

Sprout & Scatter:

Instead of trying to help or comfort others with our own fumbling words, we can remember to speak or write God's Words to those around us. Here's one idea to try: Choose a packet of flower or herb seeds from your favorite nursery. Plant them in rich soil, water them faithfully, give them enough light, and watch them grow. When they are sturdy and strong, repot them attach today's seed, and give to friends and family.

Think about it:


  • When you open your heart to God's Word, what happens?

  • Imagine yourself as a flourishing garden. What do you see?

    Prayer Pot:

    Lord, give me the right words--your powerful words--to live by when I...(insert your own words).

    Take Away Idea:

    God's words have precious power.



Good Night to All and May God Bless! The next 2 days will be spent with family and friends on these special days.


PJ

1 comment:

Just Joany said...

Lovely message. Thank you. And may the joys of the season all be yours. Merry Christmas! ~ Just Joany
Red Wagon Flights