Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hugs Are....

Good Evening to All!

Tonight, this is going to be a simple yet meaningful post. At least I hope it will be meaningful.

When I saw this, I couldn't resist using it. It is so hard for me to understand people that do not like to be hugged or touched. My hubby is like that. He "tolerates my hugs because he knows it would deeply hurt me if he didn't allow me to show my affection in my own way. I don't know where it comes from, but I "need" to hug. I don't consider myself a "touchy feely person, because the only way I touch people is when I hug them and I must admit I do a lot of that. Especially at church. We have a very loving church and people are not afraid to show their emotions and feelings. Of course we don't hug people we don't know because we don't want to come across to forward to visitors, so we shake their hands, but to those we know we hug and the women only hug women because of impropriety otherwise. We do have one or two that don't like that type of affection shown except by their families, and we respect that. But me, I'll take all the hugs I can get. ( by females of course). For the guys, I shake hands only. I save the hugs for my hubby whether he wants them or not. Haha!

Hugs Are....

There's something in a simple hug,
That always warms the heart,
It welcomes us back home,
and makes it easier to part.

A hug's a way to share the joy,
and sad times we go through,
or just a way for mothers to say,
they like you 'cause you're you.

Hugs are meant for anyone,
for whom we really care,
from your mother to your grandma to your neighbor,
or a cuddly bear.

A hug is an amazing thing,
it's just the perfect way,
to show the love we're feeling,
but can't find the words to say.

It's funny how a little hug,
makes everyone feel good,
in every place and language,
it's always understood.

And hugs doesn't need new equipment,
special batteries or parts,
just open up your arms,
and open up your hearts!
Source unknown

Do It To Perfection

"Whenever things go a bit sour in a job I'm doing, I always tell myself, you can do better than this. Why? Because I remembered my mother's words. 'Whatever you do, do it to perfection.'"
Dr. Theodor Seuss

Bible Verse

There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. bold;"
(Proverbs 18:24b)





Share/Bookmark
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Yaya' s Home said...

Hi PJ,
I was reading the comments on my blog and noticed that you had mentioned Yaya and Alex. I wondered if you realized that I am not the same Yaya who is adopting Alex?

I am thrilled for her and find it intriguing that she is adopting her little boy from the state where I live, but we are not the same person.

Thank you so much for all your visits to my different blogs. I so enjoy your comments and I truly am enjoying your games. I am learning so much.

By the way, I had eight of the answers correct in the game, but changed three of them, before looking anything up. Ah, nuts.

~ Yaya
Yaya's Changing World

lynette355 said...

well here is a hug for you on your birthday....especially since i am one of those non huggers

Jayde said...

Hugs!! Hugs are awesome! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Heard the word from Crazed Mind's site! Hope you have a great day!

Matt5verse6 said...

Is is your birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a beautiful day in God's grace dear sister in Christ. And, I love the verse about the friend that sits closer than a brother...one of my favorites! Of course I find myself looking up the same verses over and again...I think you said the same thing too. I use www.biblegateway.com because it will search scriptures based on the words I CAN remember. ;) Best wishes!