Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Heart-Felt Psalms from the NIV


Good Evening to All!

Daily Inspirations

I know the last few posts have either been long or a heavy subject, so I'm going light tonight to see if someone might take the time to comment.

Last night's post I admit was a little on the heavy side, but true. It was from an Inspirational Book, so I would think that it was meant to uplift or let God speak to those who may have autistic children.

The night before was a Hooray for Grandparents.

Tonight, I am just going to post some Daily Inspirations from the NIV.

********************************************************
********************************************************
I like this Psalm because it reminds me that I must remain faithful to God and praise Him no matter what, with all of my being. He is my Creator and His love for me is deeper than any Human's love is possible.

My heart is steadfast, O God:
I will sing and make music with all my soul.
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will praise you, O LORD, among the peoples.
For great is your love, higher than the heavens,
and let your glory be over all the earth.

Psalm 108:2-5

In this Psalm, I am reminded that He is where my strength comes from, and I can look to Him for everything. He is my salvation and my protector. This Psalm also talks about Jesus being the cornerstone. It reminds me how important it is that I do my best to model myself after Jesus.

The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has becomes my salvation.
Shouts of joy and victory
resound in the tents of the righteous:
"The LORD'S right hand has done mighty things!
The LORD's right hand is lifted high;
the LORD's right hand has done mighty things!"...

Open for me the gates of righteousness;
I will enter and give thanks to the LORD....
I will give you thanks, for you answered me;
you have become my salvation.
The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone;
the LORD has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes.

Psalm 118:14-16, 19, 21-23

This Psalm helps me to reflect on God's beauty and the beauty which He created. Also, how important we are to God. I mean, look what He gave us. Look what He bestowed upon us that we take for granted. This should be an honor, but we take it all for granted. O LORD, help me not to take the things and the "appointments" which you have given to me as a member of the human race for granted.


O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
above the heavens.
From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise
because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.
When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.
You made hm ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:
all flocks and herds,
and the beasts of the field,
the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas.
O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Psalm 8:1-9


Good Night to All and May God Bless!


Love & Prayers,



Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Yaya' s Home said...

PJ,
I am curious if you have anything against the King James version of The Bible? I have just wondered. I don't in any way mean to offend by my question.
Hugs,

~ Yaya
Yaya's Changing World

Anonymous said...

He is my Strength!