Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bible challenge, Old Testament Books

Good evening to All!

Please excuse me for the short post tonight. I was awakened in the middle of the night with a horrific sinus head ache. I forced myself to attend church this morning, but by the time I got home I could hardly hold my head up. I had taken some Tylenol Sinus Medicine Extra Strength before church, but it didn't seem to help. Later on this afternoon, hubby gave me some other kind of cold and flu medicine. So far nothing is helping. Anyway, I'm going to get this short post out, then go to bed.


Well, Sunday's rolled around again and it's time for another Bible Challenge.

This week, the subject is

Books of the Old Testament

I couldn't include the scriptures this week because if I did it would have given you the answers. Sorry about that. Next week in Books of the Old Testament Part 2, they will be given.

1. Which Old Testament book provides detailed instructions for holy living?

2. Which Old Testament book records Israelite census details? (Numbers 1:1-46)

3. When Jesus Stated the underlying law of Moses ("thou shalt love the Lord thy God...and thy neighbor...") he was quoting from two books of the Old Testament. Which two?

a) Genesis and Exodus
b) Numbers and Lamentations
c) Leviticus and Deuteronomy
d) Judges and 1 Samuel

4. The book of Joshua chronicles the Israelites' conquest of _________________.

a) Canaan
b) Egypt
c) Assyria
d) Goshen

5. Easily the most famous psalm, it begins : "The Lord is my shepherd..." Which psalm is it?

6. How many psalms are in the Book of Psalms?

7. What is the longest psalm?

8. What is the shortest psalm?

9. In essence. Psalm 18 is found where else in the Old Testament?

10. In essence, Psalm 108 is drawn from passages of which previous two Psalms?

a) 1 and 2
b) 57 and 60
c) 90 and 98
d) 106 and 107

Good night and May God Bless!

Love & Prayers,



Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Word Designer said...

PJ,
I'm so sorry about your headache. Have you tried putting heat on the back of your neck and propping your feet highter than your head? Its the only thing that helps me. I hope that helps. My prayers are with you.

Wordy
Word Designer

Pamela's Understandings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pamela's Understandings said...

PJ,
Said a prayer for you that the Lord touch you with His healing power.
Bless you Dear, PJ Pamela Jansen ♥

Donna Bragg said...

Dear LORD,
I pray that you would place YOUR HEALING HANDS upon PJ. Make her healthy and whole to spread your WORD. Thank you LORD for being our JEHOVAH-RAPHA: THE LORD OUR HEALER.
In JESUS NAME.

PJ,
Thank you for the BIBLE challenge! Are we to place answers here in the comment section, or is it just for us to do on our own. How fun! I love doing these.

About your comment on my site, I know exactly what you meant. Our love to be with our FATHER should out weigh our love for life here.

But, while here, we need to be spreading the WORD to all who will hear.

Again, I hope you feel better soon. GOD bless you!

Your sister in CHRIST,
Donna

Jayde said...

Hope your head is feeling better soon. I understand the pain of a headache and it's just awful. When you get a chance to holler at me I have a proposal for you.