Wednesday, February 24, 2010

God is Bigger

The Hovering of the Holy Spirit







He's Got the Whole World in His Hands


***
A little note: I don't know if this was read by anyone last night, but I messed up by typing the mini post after and before I realized, some one had commented (which is great). I decided to move this post to tonight to make sure people did get a chance to read it rather than pass it over, because it is a Very Important Topic. Thank you.

God Is Bigger Than Any Problem!


His Spirit is Always with Us


Good Evening to All!


"For the LORD your God is living among you...He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs." Zephaniah 3:17 (NLT).

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love [He will be silent] , he will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:17 (KJV)
As a new third grade science teacher, I moved halfway around the world and was homesick. I spent hours trying to plan interesting lessons, especially about natural disasters. I thought that my class, mostly boys would love studying about catastrophes.

When I finished talking about earthquakes, I realized that many students were in tears! I had forgotten that we lived on a fault line. I prayed an SOS prayer to God. Then I asked the class, "Is God bigger than earthquakes?" They hesitantly replied, "Yes." I went down the list: "Is God bigger than a tornado...volcano...flood?" Finally, one student raised his hand and said, "I guess He would have to be if He holds the whole world in His hands!" Exactly! What started as a science lesson suddenly became a discussion of who God is and how He takes care of us.

Reflecting later, I felt like He was asking me, If I am bigger than natural disasters, don't you think that I am bigger than the homesickness that is overwhelming you? I love you. I did not dump you in the middle of nowhere and leave. I am here with you. I was reminded that I am never alone and that God, who holds the whole world in His hands, holds me, too.

How many times have I forgotten How Big and Powerful God really is. I can't count the times I have caught myself worrying about one thing or another. Whether it was something small like losing my car keys, or something huge like a natural disaster, job interview, making sure I had enough money in my bank account to cover a check I wrote or a bill. God has ALWAYS been there for me. My problem is, being human, I tend to forget and start worrying again. I know as long as I am in this human body, using a human mind, I will forget things, and worry. I just need to condition myself to get rid of the worry as soon as the thought comes into my mind and remember that God is IN CONTROL, and that HE IS BIGGER THAN ANY PROBLEM THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN, even natural disasters.

I make a challenge to all who read my blog to confront your worries by saying OUT LOUD to yourself for one week, God can handle this. He is bigger than my problems. With this being said, remember that He likes to be asked for help. This means that if you have a worry or problem, literally ask Him to help you. It doesn't have to be a "formal prayer". I talk to God all the time. I carry on conversations with Him. I was driving in my car headed to the bank and Curves yesterday, praying all the way to the bank, because I ran short in my account and my Curves payment had not run through. All the way, I was saying out loud, "LORD, please don't let the Curves payment have come through yet. Please let me get this check deposited and posted first. Guess what! The Curves payment had not gone through, my check got posted and everything worked out perfect.
Please do this for one week, then let me know (in generalities of course) how He helped you. I hope to see many, many comments one week from tomorrow with lots of great testimonies of how God helped you this week. As I said only get as personal as you feel comfortable, but I do hope to read some great testimonies from this post. God is so good, and He cares about all problems not just the big ones. The Bible says that He knows the number of hairs on your head. If He cares about us that much, to know such an insignificant thing about us, I have no doubt that He cares enough to want to help us with ANY problem we have no matter how big or how small.

I don't know why I felt so strongly about this specific topic tonight, but I hope that it touched whoever needed to be reminded is in control. We have to remember that not only is He bigger than our problems, but the battles we encounter are not ours, but His to fight.

Good Night to All and May God Bless!


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

God truly is bigger than any problem we can have! very good post.

Pamela's Understandings said...

Praise You Jesus ♥