Monday, March 15, 2010

Bible Challenge Answers- A Daughter Forever



Good Evening to All!

Bible Challenge Answers as follows:

1. c) treasurer for the group (John 13:28-29)
2. a) walked on water (Matthew 14:25-31)
3. Thomas (John 20:24-29
4. a) pledged his love for Christ (John 21:15-17) (For those of you who thought the answer was "d", the cock appears to have crowed only once or twice or an unspecified number of times, depending on the book of the Gospels.)
5. b) Peter and John (John 20:1-4)
6. John (John 20:4)
7. c) Matthias (Acts 1:21-26)
8. c) Italy (Acts 27:1)
9. False (Matthew 10:2-4
10. d) John (Revelation 1:1-2)

*****************************************************
*****************************************************

It's strange how you can hear or read something wrong long enough until you believe it, no matter how wrong it is. What I am talking about it Luke 22:34. Answer to question number 4 above. Since I was a little girl I have always thought that the verse said before the cock crows three times you will deny me. (Jesus talking to Peter). That isn't what it says. I looked it up in disbelief, and here is the verse word for word. And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me. Boy! do I feel stupid!

I tried to unbold those words, but I copy and pasted the verse from Bible Gateway and I guess they bolded them for a reason.

Ok, I've heard confession is good for the soul, so I did it. One confession is enough. LOL!

*******************************************************
*******************************************************

A Daughter Forever

Today's Seed: "He said to her, 'Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.'" Mark 5:34

According to the KJV: It says: And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace and be whole of thy plague. Mark 5:34

Jesus rushed to heal a little girl who was dying. On his way a crowd mobbed him, and a woman who had been bleeding for twelve years reached out and touched his robe. Joy filled her heart as she was instantly healed. Jesus, knowing what just happened, stopped and to the confusion of the pressing crowd asked, "Who touched me?"

Why did Jesus stop?

She didn't need the public humiliation--the scandal of an "unclean" woman touching a man. Surely this would do more harm than good.

Why did Jesus stop?

She fell at his feet and fearfully revealed the whole story. And he opened his mouth, not in rebuke, but in favor. "Daughter, your faith has healed you."

Daughter.
My child.
My precious one.
You belong. No more are you an outcast. No longer are you barred from worshiping in the temple, having a family, hugging your brother. Daughter, you are family once again.

Why did Jesus stop?

Because he knew that her greatest need was more than physical. Her greatest need was a spiritual welcome--a proclamation of her Savior that her Father claimed her as his own and called her by the precious title of "Daughter."

Most if not all of us know this story as the "Woman with the Issue of Blood".

There is an interest fact that follows. Right after healing this woman of her 12 year illness, Jesus went to give new life to a girl who had died. She was 12 years old.

Weed & Water: When dealing with socially difficult people, remind yourself that they, too, are daughters of God. Treat them accordingly. Find a way to encourage a struggling sister today. Write a note, give a call, meet for coffee, and tell her of God's F Fatherly love. My book speaks of women, but I include both genders in my thoughts while typing this because we all need reassurance and encouragement, and as there are some gentleman bloggers out there, this is for you also. I hope that you will put this into perspective and if you are a gentleman reading this use the leper or blind man in place of the woman. They all gave the extra effort to gain Jesus' attention for their healing while showing great faith, which is what it's all about.


Think about it: Think of a time when you felt like an outcast and needed to be accepted. what would have made you feel loved?

How has Jesus shown you that you never need to be an outcast again?

What is one way you can remind yourself daily that you are God's beloved daughter or son?

Prayer Pot: Thank you, Father, that I, too, am your daughter. Help me to take comfort in this when.....


Take-Away Idea: I am a great daughter of the greatest Father!



Hey Y'all! Don't forget to Leave a Comment, and/or Follow to enter my Give-Away! The more ways you follow, the more entries you get. Just be sure and let me know by commenting.



Good Night to All and May God Bless!


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi There! :)

I don't mind at all! Thanks for your comment!

I've thought about trying out Curves a few times, just haven't made it in there.