Wednesday, March 3, 2010

David - True to One's Self

Good Evening to All!

Daily Inspirations from the NIV

Saul dressed David in his own tunic. He put a coat of armor on him and a bronze helmet on his head. David fastened on his sword over the tunic and tried walking around, because he was not used to them. "I cannot go in these, " he said to Saul, "because I am not used to them." So he took them off. Then he took his staff in his hand, chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the ouch of his shepherd's bag an, with his sling in his hand, approached the Philistine...David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the Lord will hand you over to me,...and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel."
1 Samuel 17:38-40, 45-46.

This story says a lot to me. For one thing it tells me to be myself. Don't try to be something I'm not, because it will not work out. Another thing is that "do what works for you. What might work for some may not work for others. Just because Saul used a sword and javelin and wore heavy armor, it did not mean that the same would work for David.

To be successful at anything,one must do what comes natural to them. for one thing the armor and weapons did Not fit David. They were too large and bulky. The second point is that he had not practiced with these items. He was good however, with the sling and stones and above all that, he had God on his side. That is the main thing God can make anything happen. He kept his faith in God strong, and acknowledged where his help came from.

So the key points are , be true to yourself, don't try to be something you're not, when fighting your battles choose your weapons wisely, for example, use your sword (the Bible). Read it and follow the scripture. Pray. Ask the Lord to stand with you in your battles. He knows just the right words and actions to use. Another point worthy of bringing up is the fact that David didn't let Saul sway his decision and wear Saul's armor and sword. It didn't fit him, he didn't feel comfortable with it and know that it wasn't right for what he needed to do, so he took it off and went with what he knew, his sling and God . He knew what he was good at, and he knew that God would be there with him. So his faith won the battle for him. How many of us can say that? We are always trying to fight the battles for ourselves then get upset if they don't go the way we expect them to. If we would give our battles to God like David did, ours would NO DOUBT turn out to our advantage.

I realize this is a short post. I got my desk top computer back from the repair shop to day, only to find that for some reason I can't get my Virus protector to work, and I'm afraid to use it without one. I asked my hubby for help, so he graciously came into help, and didn't like the way my mouse was acting so he plugged my "travel mouse' that goes to my lap top into my desk top. After he got discouraged and gave up because he couldn't get it to work either, we close it down.. When I got home from church, I set up my laptop to do my blog and lo and behold, my laptop mouse will no longer work on my laptop computer.

Needless to say, I knew I needed to get my post out, so I am using my hubby's computer, which he does not like for me to do, so I guess I'd better hurry and get off as he has a tendency to just sleep a couple or 3 hours at a time then wake up and come in the house to watch a movie on his computer. I definitely do not want to be on here when he comes in. So I shall close for now. Hopefully I will find out what's going on with my computers tomorrow when I take my tower back to the computer repair shop.

Since I am on hubby's computer, I have no pictures as I would have to download Zemanta, and I don't want to do that on his computer, so please forgive the "BLAH" post. Hopefully tomorrow's will be better.


Good Night and May God Bless!




Share/Bookmark
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the comment PJ... I've been away for a bit as well. Thank you for stopping by =) Hope you have a great night!