Friday, March 12, 2010

Handprint on the Wall

Good Evening to ALL!

Y'all, this is going to be a pretty short post. I had my post all nice and typed out, was putting the finishing touches, and POOF! It was gone in a flash! I don't know what key I hit, or what happened, but it is nowhere to be found. I thought maybe I had pushed it down to far on the page while adding my pictures, but the text was completely gone. So as late as it is I decided to go with this poem for moms.

Ha

child's hand printImage by David 23 via Flickr

ndprint on the Wall

One day as I was picking the toys
off the floor,
I noticed a small hand print
on the wall beside the door.
I knew that it was something
that I'd seen most every day,
but this time when I saw it there,
I wanted it to stay.

Then tears welled up inside my eyes,
I knew it wouldn't last,
for every mother knows
her children grow up way too fast.

Just when I put my chores aside
and held my children tight.
I sang to them sweet lullabies
and rocked into the night.

Sometimes we take for granted,
all those things that seem so small.
Like one of God's great treasures...
A small hand print on the wall.

Source unknown

Good Night to All and May God Bless!


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So precious aren't they? You have a blessed day and pray for me! I am on crisis call from 12-4:30 and it can get hairy.