Saturday, March 20, 2010

His Amazing Healing Power

Jesus healing <span class=Image by Bree Bailey via Flickr

This Post is dedicated to Alyssa.

There are SO many verses in the Bible about healing.

Matthew 10:1: And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power to against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

Luke 6:19: And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.

I could dedicate a whole post just to healing scriptures, but I won't. I do have a true inspirational story about healing though. It comes from my devotional book called "Voices of the Faithful".

Miracle in Moshawane

"that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." 1 Corinthians 2:5 (NKJV)

My husband and I were scheduled to go to three weeks of training in another town but before we left, I was asked to visit one of my Bible study ladies . Her 9-year-old son, Onkarabile (Own-kah-rah-BEE-lay), was very ill. when we arrived=, he had lost the ability to walk or hold up his head.

We prayed over him and left. Finally, it was learned that the boy had tuberculosis. He was given a medicine and sent home. A friend called to tell me that she didn't think he would live long. I was heartbroken.

Mean while, at the training conference, I was learning the chronological Bible storying method, a way of relating the great stories of the Bible in a culturally suitable manner, focusing on the power Jesus showed while on earth. Each night, God brought Onkarabile to my mind. One night as I prayed, I felt like I was fighting a battle for this little boy. I claimed the power of Jesus over sickness and disease. I don't know how long I prayed.

My friend visited the boy the next day. She called to report that he was holding his head up and smiling! She said, "you will see him again!" when I returned , we went to see Onkarabile, a living miracle. He walked out to greet us! My God has power over everything.

Jody, Missionary, Sub-Saharan African
Peoples

Father, You alone are able to heal body, mind and spirit. Thank you for your miraculous power at work in sub-Saharan Africa. I pray that many will hear of your compassion and turn to you as Lord and Savior Today. In Jesus Name I pray, AMEN.

If He can heal something like Tuberculosis, He can heal all that ails anyone. Alyssa, I rebuke those migraines in the POWERFUL NAME OF JESUS. He is a God of Healing, not sickness. He does not cause sickness but He can take it away. In Jesus' Words, Your faith shall make you whole. (make you like you were before you got sick.) Just believe.

I will be fasting and praying for you.

Good evening and May God Bless,


Share/Bookmark

No comments: