Sunday, March 28, 2010

Safety Within God's Arms




Good Evening To All!


L
et all who take refuge in you be glad, O LORD, let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. For surely O LORD , you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.
Psalm 5:11-12

To know that I have God to depend on to be my one to turn to in time of trouble, insecurity, sorrow, and any other inadequate feelings I may encounter helps me tremendously. I have friends that I talk to, but they cannot give me the peace with which God fills my heart and mind. It is a feeling of indescribable relief.

Jesus prayed, "Holy Father, protect [my disciples] by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one. While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me."
John 17:11-12

Has anyone ever thought about this verse? Jesus asks God (the Divine) to protect his disciples by the power of "Your name", the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.
God's Name is JESUS. They are one. God is the divine form, He came to earth (was born of Mary) who named him Jesus, by order of the Divine God. This is why the name Jesus has ALL power of the Godhead, because He is God.

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God, he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people, our out your hearts to him for God is our refuge.

Psalm 62:5-8


According to the above scripture, our salvation and honor depend on God. While God makes the ultimate decision about our fate, it is up to us to abide by His Word, and be righteous in His eyes. Our Salvation is determined by different things, we must be doers of His Word and not just hearers. We must be baptised the way He tells us, we must repent and turn away from sin, we must receive3 the Holy Ghost. Along with these three things , we must love God, and live for Him. Our salvation is NOT a free ride. He bought us with a price, and we owe it to Him to show Him the love and respect that He deserves. We can never do enough to repay the debt to Him, so the least we can do is love , honor, obey and do His will. This will obtain our salvation along with the earlier mentioned requirements.

I am actually going to stop my thoughts from churning at this point. I always say I'm going to make this a short post and end up going on and on. I am going to carry though tonight, though.

Good Night to All and May God Bless!


Share/Bookmark

No comments: