Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Attributes of God

Tornado in ParanĂ¡ MinĂ­Image by Florencia Guedes via Flickr



Good Evening to All!
Sorry I wasn't able to write a post this afternoon like I wanted. I will say it again and will carry on my crusade against Satellite Internet connection. From what I hear, they're all about the same as far as performance. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT. If you can get DSL, get it. Don't waste your money on Satellite.

This picture is depicting the "power of God". The second picture is "the eye of God", and the last picture speaks of prayer, meaning the "knowledge or "all knowing God".

Anyway, hopefully, I will be able to continue posting for a while without interruption.

The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever--do not abandon the words of Your hands. Psalms 138:8 (NIV)

The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: for sake not the works of thine own hands. Psalms 138:8 (KJV)

The LORD will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O LORD, endure forever--forsake not the works of Your own hands. Psalms 138:8 ( Amp. Vers.

Joyce Meyer's commentary about this verse tells us that God's plan for our lives has been established in the spiritual realm since before the foundation of the earth, and it is a good plan, as we see in Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome."

He knows us BETTER than we know ourselves. The Bible tells us that He knew us before we were in our mothers' womb. He knows the past, present and future, so how can He NOT know what will happen if certain things take place? He knows what is best for us at ALL TIMES. If we pray for something, He will answer. The answer may be no, or wait, after all, when I was 13 years old, I couldn't wait to " be a mommy", but God knew what was best for me, "no, I wasn't sexually active at that age. After all, my mom's only advice to me at the "ripe old age" of 11, when I "became a woman, was "be careful, now you can get pregnant". I didn't even like boys for anything but playing football. LOL! Anyway, I got my first "boyfriend" at 13, but still didn't do anything other than kiss and hold hands. That didn't stop me from wanting to become a mommy, (I was pretty naive at that age). As I said, mom didn't explain too much, then she passed away when I was 14, and she never had the detailed "talk" with me other than that one statement at 11. OK, I caught my rabbit. Back on track. The point is, God realized I wouldn't make a good mother at the age of 11, 14 and even 16. He watches out for me even now, and I know He watches out for everyone because He is no respecter of persons. Which means He shows NO PARTIALITY. He does what is best for each of us. Although, the Bible tells a story about a widow who "bugs" the dickens out of this king to help her, and he keeps saying no. She keeps on until finally he says he would do it. Sometimes that is a good thing. As persistent prayer is good, but sometimes He allows us to have what we "want" instead of what we need to teach us a lesson. HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING. If He says no, or wait, there is a reason for it. After all, He is OMNIPOTENT (all powerful), OMNISCIENT (all knowing), and OMNIPRESENT (present everywhere).

I heard a little saying one time. "If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans." I sincerely believe that God does have a since of humor, although, I also believe it saddens Him when we show disregard for Him by Not Including Him in our decisions. He made us so He has a right to have a say in our lives whether it's the tiniest minuscule decision or the huge major decision in our lives. He has that right to be included. Don't you think so?

Good Night And May God Bless!


Share/Bookmark


No comments: