Saturday, May 29, 2010

Louisiana, We Had A Blast!

Hey Everyone!

As promised, here are some more pictures from Louisiana.

My husband and I got to the place to catch the Riverboat about 15 or 20 minutes early, and me, being true to my habits decided I had to find a "restroom". I got out of the car and walked up to the ticket booth and the woman told me the closest one was across the street at Jackson Brewery. I really didn't cherish the thought of going into a beer brewery, and tried to keep from it, but of course need took over and I gave in. I literally dreaded going in there as I can't even stand the smell of beer. I finally got up the steps, walked inside and talk about a shock! there were restaurants, and really neat shops all over the place. I was SO relieved!




This is the Riverboat on which we toured the Mississippi River for 2 hours. It was really very enjoyable and informative. It is the ONLY River Boat which runs fully on Steam. The other one is a "Hybrid" of steam and fuel powered.





I wish my memory was better. I can't remember if the Captain said the church in the background has the tallest steeple in Louisiana or in the country.It is actually many miles away from where we were located on the Mississippi. Anyway this church stands on and overlooks the site of a famous Civil War Battle Field.

This bridge goes on, and on, and on, for 25 miles.


New Orleans is the "Home of Domino Sugar". They produce 2 BILLION TONS OF SUGAR A YEAR.



This is just a few of the pictures which were taken on this trip. I hope you enjoyed them and if you would like to see more, leave a comment and I will either post more or put them on Facebook.

Another interesting fact to leave you with about the Mississippi River is that it is 200 feet deep. At one bend in the river, (I took a picture, but I can't remember which one), the angle for a turn is 91 degrees. At that point, the current is so strong, it causes the river to flow UP STREAM. Cool, huh?

I loved this trip. I learned so much! We watch them load different stuff on to barges to go up river, saw 2 mock military ships they use for training, just all kinds of interesting things, and didn't even make a dent in what we could learn. I hope you enjoyed the small tour off the Mississippi River, and the previous tour of the Swamp.

To Redhead Riter and Family, Alyssa, I am so glad you are home. I hope you get well VERY SOON. To ALL of YOU, my prayers, along with my church family's prayers are with you. I love y'all!

Good night to All and May God Bless!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: