Sunday, June 6, 2010
Bible Challenge "Fire and Water"
Good Evening Everyone!
On with the Bible Challenge!
1. How long did it take the water to recede from the great flood? (Genesis 7:24)
a) two months
b) five months
c) eight months
d) ten months
2. Because the captive Israelites were multiplying so rapidly, Pharaoh issued what decree? (Exodus 1:22)
a) that their God be honored by having each captive baptized
b) that their God be honored by having each Egyptian baptized
c) that newborn Israelite males be drowned in the Nile
d) that newborn Israelite males be drowned in the Jordan
3, Which sinful Israelite king, seeing his doom was imminent, committed suicide by setting fire to his own palace? (1 Kings 16:18)
4. How many people were cast into a fiery furnace with Daniel? (Daniel 3)
5. "As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire," Proverbs states, "so is ______________ to kindle strife. (Proverbs 26:21)
a) idle gossip
b) a lie
c) the decree of an evil king
d) a contentious man
6. Which king burned the scroll contain God's words to Jeremiah? (Jeremiah 36:21-23)
7. King Nebuchadnezzar was so furious at Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego that he ordered their furnace of execution heated seven times hotter than normal. The result:
a) the prisoners glowed white hot
b) the flesh was scorched off the prisoners' faces before the guards could even cast them in
c) the guards were killed by the blaze, though the prisoners survived
d) the temple caught fire
8. Where was Jesus when he spoke to the Samaritan woman of God's "living water"?
a) Sea of Galilee
b) River Jordan
c) Jacob's well
d) a well at Rabbah
9. Where can you find the story of a waterlogged sacrifice? (no hint)
10. This man washed his hands to signify he had no part in another person's death.
Hope you all do well and have fun searching God's Word for the answers.
Good Night to All and May God Bless!