Thursday, June 24, 2010

O Glorious Day with Scriptures that Overcome



Good Evening to All!
Today has been a great day for me. First of all, I woke up in a great mood with a song of praise in my heart. Not only that my hubby was even in a good mood even though he wasn't feeling the greatest. He has really bad arthritis from his neck to his ankles and when there is a front coming in, even just a small one he can hardly function he hurts so bad. He did however manage to go outside and water all seven hundred flowers which he has planted by seeds in our newly made raised flowerbeds which he built with his own two little hands. As well as watering the garden which started out being a "few" tomato plants and ended up with tomatoes, squash,red okra, corn, black-eyed peas, egg plant ( never eaten it and not going to) and artichokes (same as egg plant's opinion). Anyway, back on track, oh yes.....praise song on my

State fruit - TomatoImage via Wikipedia

heart, good mood, hubby's good mood. I went and got a perm. I was really hoping for "curly", but for my "long stringy hair, I guess it's not in the cards. I still like it , although it is more "wavy than curly". In 48 hours I'll wash it and see what I can do with it and maybe post a picture (if it looks right). The only style of hair do I know how to work is a pony tail! haha! After my friend from church gave me my perm she had prepared the fixings for sandwiches for lunch and we ( she, another very close friend and I had a fantastic time sitting around the dining table eating and having a great conversation. It was so much fun! This friend that gave me my perm is such a blessing! I checked around and a perm for my length of hair would cost between 70 and 100.00! All I had to pay for is the perms (she bought 2 just in case) for 15.00. I told her I wanted to pay her something and she said if she couldn't talk me out of paying her, just to give it to the youth department of our church! I'm gonna give them $20.00. It's still a bargain to me. Sitting here thinking about my church family, I feel like their the best in the world! I love them ALL dearly! Continue on.... I got home to the sound of my loving husband's voice telling me he was taking me out to supper. So of course a few hours later, we went out for Chinese food. To top it off, when we got home from supper and I checked my e-mail, I had an e-mail from a precious blogger friend whom I have been worried and wondering about because I couldn't get in touch with her. God works in WONDERFUL ways! It has been a blessed glorious day.

*********************************************************

Jesus said, "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."
Revelation 3:20-22

To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations--'He will rule them with an iron scepter; he will dash them to pieces like pottery' --just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give him the morning star. ...

He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
Revelation 2:7, 26-28, 3:5

Good Night and May God Bless!



Share/Bookmark

No comments: