Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Unity Among Believers

The foundation of Christ 1 Corinthians 3:11; p...Image via Wikipedia

Good Evening to All!

He who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.
1 Corinthians 6:17

The New King James Reference elaborates on this verse as saying: Believers' lives are greatly altered when they are joined to Christ. The union affects both the believer and Christ. When a believer commits immorality, he or she is dragging the union with Christ into the illicit relationship. This is further discussed in verse 18 about immorality.

**************************************************************
There is one body and one Spirit--just as you were called to one hope when you were called--one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
Ephesians 4:4-6

The NKJV reference explains it like this:

All Christians are one in the Spirit. It is our duty to keep or observe that unity, recognize it as real and act upon it without a sectarian spirit. The word sectarian got me off tract, so I had to look it up. It means "with a limited interest; pertaining to a specific sect.

One baptism may refer to the baptism in the Spirit that places all believers into the body of Christ, the church , see 1 Cor.12:3) It may also refer to water baptism, the sign or seal that a person is a member of the body of Christ. At the time of the early church, public baptism clearly identified a person as a Christian.

To go a little deeper in one baptism, it is also talking about being baptised in Jesus' Name. Otherwise the scripture would be incorrect that says one Lord, one Faith and one baptism, as if you recall John's baptism of repentance was also in water. Jesus said we must be baptised in water and in Spirit, and technically there were 2 water baptisms. One one was constituted being "buried with Christ", and Peter instructed to be baptised in the Name of Jesus Christ our LORD.

***********************************************************
I appeal to you,... in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.
1 Corinthians 1:10

I may be way off, but what this says to me is the we as Christians need to be in one accord, with a common goal; To get God's Word out to as many people as possible. God put us on this earth to worship HIM, and to spread His Word. In other words, HE should be our main focus. ANYTHING that we place in front of Him or His wishes is telling Him that He is less important, and that is definitely NOT a good thing.

I would like to bring up a point. Several years ago, a movie came out called OH GOD Book 2. In it God gave a little girl the task to get people thinking more about HIM. Of course through the "miracle of tv" she started a movement that had the words "Think God" on an international level.

The next phase was the WWJD bracelets to bring God back into our thoughts.

I would like to just challenge as many people as I can reach through this blog to "MAKE GOD YOUR FOCUS. Somehow, through deception, we have lost focus on God and started putting things ahead of Him. It may have started out with something simple like having to work on Sundays, so you missed church. OK, then go on Wednesdays. The grass needs mowing, ok , mow it at dusk, that way it won't be too hot after you get home from church. Paying your tithes. It was God who got you your job anyway, so actually it's His money and He's letting you have MOST of it. Prayer-Time, if you can watch a ball game, or visit with friends for several hours at a time, surely 30 minutes can be found each day to show God some love by praying to Him. Make God your focus. It's a simple thing to do, and there is no set way to do it as long as you show Him you care and acknowledge Him. People probably think I talk to myself while I'm driving down the street. Actually, I praying and talking to God. I used to worry about what others thought and then changed my way of thinking. I made myself believe that people thought I was talking to one of those hand free cell phones. LOL! Now I don't care what they think.

Good Night and May God Bless!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Dena E's Blog said...

Thanjks for stoping by my blog PJ,,you're a Sweetie~~~Excuse my late reply from me as my family is still with us this week from California...Its just CRAZY I tell ya,,,,anyhoo's HUGS Dena

gamp777 said...

God Answers Prayer
http://www.godansweredmyprayer.com
Prayer Request