Sunday, July 11, 2010
The Holy Spirit
Good Evening To All!
In keeping with the last few night's theme, tonight's Bible Challenge is about the Holy Spirit. I haven't been getting any feed back, so I hope you enjoy participating in these challenges.
1. "Can we find such a none as this is, a man in whom the spirit of God is?" what pagan leader said that about a descendant of Israel? (Genesis 41:38)
2. When the Spirit of the Lord came over him, this man probably was the most lethal fighter of all time. (e.g., Judges 14:19, 15:14-15)
3. John the Baptist foretold that Jesus would baptize with the Holy Spirit and what else? (Matthew 3:11)
4. Who referred to the Holy Spirit as a teacher? (John 14:26)
5. At Pentecost after Jesus' ascension, the Holy Spirit came to the disciples in a house. what sound did it make? (Acts 2:1-4)
a) a crackle, like a slow-burning fire
b) a roar, like a scorching furnace
c) a gentle whisper, like a breeze through tree tops
d) that of a rushing mighty wind
6. Who tried to buy the power of the Holy Spirit with money? ( Acts 8:5-24)
d) Simon of Samaria
7. After Timothy was accepted by the Jews and allowed to follow Paul, they considered traveling to these places to preach but were forbidden by the Holy Spirit. (Acts 16:6-7)
a) Tyre and Sidon
b) Asia and Bithynia
c) Macedonia and Crete
d) Jerusalem and Nazareth
8. Paul listed nine fruits of the Spirit in his letter to the Galatians. Name five of them. (If you read my post night before last and last night, this should be easy!)
9. Paul told the Ephesians that through Christ, God gave us the Holy Spirit as ____________. (Ephesians 1:13)
a) our intercessor
b) the seal of His promise
c) protection from specific diseases
d) a symbol of His forgiveness
10. the Bible states that one Sabbath Day, the spirit filled a certain man and prompted him to pen a book of Scripture. What man? what book? (Revelation 1:10-11)
a) Solomon / Ecclesiastes
Good Luck, happy hunting and enjoy learning or remembering!
Good night to All and May God Bless!