Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Power of Persistence


Good Evening to All!

I can't help but wonder how many of us have prayed for something a few times, then either decided God's answer was no, or that we shouldn't keep "bugging" God about our request? Well, I have done both. Luckily, I have come to my senses, and read in my Bible where it is ok to keep on asking God for the same thing. Yes, I have heard the argument about speaking repetitive words, or prayers. That is not what it means. That verse is talking about just praying or talking to hear yourself talk. As I said, I have been through all of these mindsets, and again I did some studying and found out the "true" meaning of what these things mean according to God's Word, rather than my "own understanding". Let's see, what is that verse again, oh yes! Proverbs 3:5 says Trust in the Lord with All thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In other words, don't go by what your brain tells you. Go by what your spirit tells you after you pray, and what God's Word says.

He said, Let Me go,m for day is breaking. But Jacob said, I will not let You go unless You declare a blessing upon me. (Genesis 32:26 NIV)

Sometimes, you pray a few words or a few sentences one time and never think about it again. At other times, though, a person or a situation keeps coming back to your heart and yo just know you are not finished praying about it. when the Holy Spirit impresses something on you over and over again, He is probably drawing yo to continue to pray persistently, to pray prayers that refuse to give up.

In my life, there have been things that I know are God's will because He has spoken clearly about them and do not have a breakthrough, I go right back to God ans say, "I'm here again. And God, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I'm not going to be quiet until I get a breakthrough." Sometimes I say, "I'm asking You again Lord, and I am going to keep on asking until I see victory in this area." At other times, I just thank God that He is working and remind Him that I am expecting victory. We must be like Jacob and say, "I will not let You go until You bless me." God did indeed bless Jacob and said He did so because Jacob was a man who know how to prevail with men and with God. In other words, Jacob was persistent and would not give up!- (see Genesis 32:24-28)

When I know God's will, I can pray accordingly and refuse to give up. God delights in a determined person and encourages us in His word not to faint or grow weary. Perseverance pays off, so stick with your goals in all of life, including your prayer assignments. Because of determination, Jacob prevailed with God and man and was rewarded with a new name and a new start in life.

God's Word for Today: God delights in respectful persistence.

Thompson Chain references: Hosea 12:4-- Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed; he wept and made supplication unto him: he found him in Beth-el and there he spake with us.

Good night to all and May God Bless!



Share/Bookmark

No comments: