Sunday, August 1, 2010
Bible Challenge - "Light"
Good Evening to All!
1. True or False: The second thing God called for in creating the world was light.
2. What did the psalmist say is "a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"?
a) the sun by day, the moon by night
b) God's Word
c) God's love
d) God's mercy
3. The Proverbs teach that "the commandment is a lamp, and the ________is light."
4. Isaiah prophesied that Israel would be a light to _________________.
a) the poor and downtrodden
b) the Gentiles
c) the Romans
d) the Greeks
5. Who was sent to Israel "to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe"?
c) John the Baptist
6. Evil doers hate the light, Jesus said. Who, on the other hand, did He say are drawn to the light?
a) the meek
b) the truthful
c) the lost
d) doers of good
7. Jesus said you should "let your light shine before men" so that
a) they could see wrong from right
b) they could see forward from backward
c) God would be glorified
d) you would be glorified
8. What did Jesus say is the "light of the body"?
9. Who was surrounded by a light on the Damascus road?
a) Mary Magdalene
10. Who referred to God as "the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning?"
Good night to All and May God Bless!