Sunday, August 29, 2010
Bible Challenge - Tongues to Speak
Good Evening to All!
1. True or False: After the flood, Noah's descendants all spoke the same language. (Genesis 11:1)
2. In advising Job, Zophar observed that the wickedness hidden under the tongues of evil people tastes________. (Job 20:12)
c) like salt
d) like wine
3. The writer of Psalm15 said "he that backbiteth...with his tongue" will be prohibited from ________. (Psalm 15:1-3)
a) serving as a high priest
b) taking the sacrament of holy communion
c) reading the Scriptures publicly
d) entering God's holy tabernacle
4. The Proverbs say "a word fitly spoken" is comparable to ____________.
a) "a stitch in time"
b) "apples of gold in pictures of silver"
c) "honey to the palate"
d) "a dam to a flood"
5. When Peter exhorted that the godly man should "refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile" (1 Peter 3:10), from what Old Testament book was he quoting? (no hint, check reference of above mentioned verse).
6. Zechariah prophesied that in the last days, what will become of the tongues of Jerusalem's foes? (Zechariah 14:12)
a) they will resort to babble
b) they uncontrollably will worship Christ
c) they will burn with the wrath of the Lord
d) they will rot in their mouths
7. Jewish law stipulated that something was true if how many witnesses stated it? ( John 8:17)
8. Paul compared the gifts of tongues and prophesy in a letter to _________.
(1 Corinthians 14:1-14) (boy! Was this a given or what?)
a) the Romans
b) the Corinthians
c) the Galatians
9. An angry mob once tried to throw Jesus off a cliff. This occurred near _____________. (James 3:8)
10. True or False: John in Revelation says the masses who gather to praise the Lamb will speak in the same tongue. (Revelations 7:9-10)
Happy Hunting and May God Bless!