Tuesday, November 2, 2010

BEING FILLED WITH GOD

Hello Everyone!

May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love. . . that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, (Holy Spirit)and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!
(Ephesians 3:17, 19 AMP.)

************************

Have you ever thought about how important you are? God created you specifically for a purpose. The thing is, to fulfill your purpose, you need to have a relationship with Him. To do this, you need to be filled daily with His presence and power. This is God's will for us.

Also we must put effort into this by developing a relationship with Him by praying, studying His
Word, and including Him into our lives even as far as just talking to Him as you would a friend. A friendship takes nurturing. You must have faith in Him, and trust Him. Knowing that since He created you He would not do anything to hinder you in what He has planned for your life. Therefore, if you will allow Him to guide you, and ask Him for direction, your life will be full.

You are probably wondering what this has to do with a purpose. Our purpose is to touch others. He died for All of us, yet not all of us know Him. It is our job as Spirit-filled Christians to witness to others and let them know about Him. I am not saying "beat them over the head" with a Bible. That would scare them more than help them. Start by showing them what a "true Christian" is all about, by having godly conduct, speaking in a godly way, dressing modestly, and being willing to help when needed. When they see you in this light, they will know something is different about you and want to know more. Another way to touch them is while having a regular conversation, interject a scripture here and there, giving them a "taste" of what God wants for them.


One thing I do each morning is before I come in contact with anyone, usually when I'm driving into town, I pray and ask God to direct my path, to be with me in every aspect during the day. I also ask Him to prepare the hearts of those I may come in contact with so that I might witness to them. I also ask Him to let His light shine through me, so that they will see Him when they look at me.

We touch others every day. We come in contact with many people. It is our choice as to whether we are gong to touch them in a good way or bad way. We all leave impressions good and bad.

2 Corinthians 5:15 says: And that He died for all that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them , and rose again. In other words, we are put on this earth not to glorify us, but to glorify Jesus. Jesus also said that "what we do for the least of them, we do for Him.". This tells me that one of our purposes for being on this earth is to help others in whatever way we can whether it be in word or deed, and also planting God's Word in them as you go along.

Be filled with God and let Him touch others through you.


Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Laston Lumbanraja, S.Sos said...

syalom PJ. From my deep heart, i am very interested to read your article. but i am not so fluent in english. but i'll try..
God bless you

Laston Lumbanraja, S.Sos said...

PJ... thks for adding translator in your blog.
Now i enjoy your article and i think He bless me today..
I'am waiting for your other article..
God Bless.

Desiray said...

We must be filled with His word other wise we can't live this life..that is why He tells us to mediate on His word and hide it in our hearts so we don't sin against God...

Anonymous said...

PJ,

I hope you don't mind me quoting you....

"We touch others every day. We come in contact with many people. It is our choice as to whether we are gong to touch them in a good way or bad way. We all leave impressions good and bad."

When it comes to living our lives for Christ,nothing more can be said.

Great Post... thanks!

katlupe said...

PJ, You are truly an blessing to me! When I come here you help me to change my focus from this earthly world to God's world. Thank you!