Thursday, January 27, 2011

"BE STILL"


Good Evening to All!

BE STILL. How many of us heard that statement constantly being said to us when we were children? When our elders to us to do this, did they mean be still, but talk all you want to? Be still, but ignore what I have to say? Be still, but do what you want to do? I don't think so. When my mom told me to be still, it was usually for one or two reasons. Either it was for my own safety, or because she wanted me to understand what she wanted to tell me and knew if I was talking, causing a ruckus, or ignoring her, I would miss what she had to say, and it was important. The thing is that shows trust and trust is key in our relationship with God.

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen , I will be exalted in the earth. (Psalm 46:10)

According to my Nelson's Biblical Cyclopedic Index, Heathen was used synonymously with Gentile or Non-Hebrew. This verse also tells me that God had decided even before the new testament, and Paul came into the picture that God's plan was to be worshiped by Jews and Non-Jews alike. In other words even though the Jews are His "chosen people that the Gentiles (all who are not Jewish) have ALWAYS been in the plan. God knew what was going to happen from the beginning.
This verse speaks VOLUMES to me. It tells me that I need to zip my mouth, turn my focus on HIM and Listen with my heart, and I will hear what God has to tell me. It is important. I need to hear this. He knows my beginning ( for he knew me from my mother's womb) to my end (when I leave this world and end up in front of Him for judgment), plus everything in between. He knows what will happen if I make certain decisions, no matter what they are He knows the outcome good or bad.

Therefore, why not ask Him what He thinks is the best decision and abide by it. He wants what's best for His children, so He will not steer us wrong. What makes us so "all knowing" that we know more than He does even about our lives? If we will "be still" and listen to our Savior, He will guide us in the right direction always through all things.

I don't know about y'all, but I know that too many times, I catch myself in prayer going on and on, like I'm afraid He won't get my point. (Unfortunately, I do that with my husband too, and he doesn't like it either.) LOL! I've got a picture of God in my mind saying all right, already! Enough! I get the point!

I think I sometimes do that to my hubby because I may not like what he's going to say if I hush. Could it be the same with God? This way, I have the excuse, "I didn't hear you". Well, DUH!

This verse is SO DEEP! Jesus even made it clear in another message that if the Pharisees did not allow the people praise and worship Him that the stones would immediately cry out. This came from Luke 19:40 (in reference to the last part of the verse).

We are to realize Who God is, How Important He is, and how we need to pay attention to what he has to tell us.

So, next time you start talking to God, pay attention to who controls the conversation. We pray to get answers to our questions and for help. If we don't focus on Him and let Him speak, He might as well be talking to a wall, and we are just "spinning our wheels.

Good Night to All and May God Bless!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: