Friday, January 7, 2011

GOD WANTS TO TAKE YOU TO A NEW LEVEL


Good Evening to Everyone!

Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser; teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. Proverbs 9:9

A wise man accepts correction and responds with gratitude to the one who points out his error. A wise person always welcomes constructive criticism.

********

There is no such thing as knowing everything. A wise person realizes that there is always more to learn.

This is why I enjoy reading the Bible through over and over again. every time I do I get so much more from it. It is like God is advancing me each time and allowing me to see more depth to Him and His ways each time I read. The key is first Wanting to know more about Him, to hunger for His knowledge, then to pray for understanding each time before I read. He has so much to teach us if we will let Him. God's Word comes ALIVE. Every time I read it I get a deeper insight to what He is teaching me. The more I learn, the more I want to learn, and the more I learn the more I love about Him. Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. (Psalm 119:105)

God does not intend for us to be sedentary or content where we are in our relationship with Him. Our relationship with Him and our Salvation is a lifetime journey. This is why studying His Word, and living for Him is so important. We won't grow in Him if we don't gain knowledge of Him.

A "hit and miss" relationship does us no good either. We must be diligent in seeking Him and in studying His Word because that is the only way we will know what He expects of us and how He wants us to live. I don't know if people just don't care or if they are oblivious to the fact that we didn't just "appear" on earth, but were created and placed here. God didn't just wake up one day saying to Himself "I'm bored, I think I'll created the heavens and the earth, and put some people on it for fun". He had a specific purpose Did you know we were originally supposed to live forever? We were supposed to live forever in the garden of Eden. Of course Adam and Eve blew that for us, but God created us to have a relationship with Him to walk with Him in the cool of the day and talk with Him. To love and worship Him, and yet look at the shape that society is in today.

In a way, it's kind of sad. God had enough faith in this creation to think that making us different from the angels who are required to worship and praise Him, by giving us free will that we would still do it. I am so thankful that I am one that does. Of course this is not a very good example, but one night my hubby and I were talking. (He is not so much into "religion" as I) meaning he doesn't believe a person needs to go to church, read their Bible or any other communication (as far as I know) he is a very private person when it comes to his belief system. Anyway, one night I made the comment it is better to be safe than sorry. I am sure of my destination and where I will end up, but for someone who isn't or is indifferent, the better safe than sorry scenario would be advantageous I would think. I truly believe if a person would start studying God's Word and maybe even go to church some they would get a hunger for God and it would change their world.

A lot of people won't even give it a chance. If it means they have to get up early on Sunday morning or go to church after work on Wednesday night, then they don't want any part of it, yet they will go to "happy hour", out to eat, go league bowling, or spend countless hours at their kids ball games after work during the week.

God wants to take each of us to a new level in our relationship with Him, but He can't unless we show interest and put effort in wanting to get to know Him. It kind of reminds me of when I was a kid. I had the biggest crush on a boy that was at least 3 years old than me. I followed him around, I used to go to the grocery store where he bagged groceries just to sit on the bench and watch him. Of course I was obvious, and was making a fool of myself, but I didn't care. The thing was, he completely ignored me. He would say hi, but that's all I ever got from him. I was crushed and finally after a whole summer of doing this I gave up. Needless to say, I never got to the next level with him, he never called me or even said anything about being friends. So the relationship went nowhere. This is probably the way God feels when we do nothing but maybe pray once in a while and ask Him for something. This doesn't constitute a relationship. A relationship is 2-way. If we draw nigh to Him, He will draw nigh to us. Drawing nigh to Him means putting effort into getting to know Him. Reading His Word, Studying it, praying, quoting scriptures back to Him, living for Him. Asking Him to be involved in every aspect of our lives. After all, He is our creator, He did give us these lives. Not only that but He paid for our lives and our Salvation with His blood.

I hope that this little post will help each of us to take a step back and re-evaluate our relationship with God. Are we as close to Him as we should be? Could we be closer, and if so how much effort are we willing to put forth to get there? Let's see if we can increase our level of commitment to Him. It can only make our lives better.

Good night and May God Bless!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: