Sunday, March 13, 2011
Bible Challenge - "KINFOLK OF THE NEW TESTAMENT"
Good Evening to All!
Last week's Bible Challenge was all about the Kinfolk of the Old Testament, so I didn't think it would be fair to not "shine a light" on the New Testament as well, so. . . . On With The Challenge!
1. Who was younger: Jesus or His cousin John the Baptist? (Luke 1:35-2:7)
2. The New Testament mentions four earthly brothers of Jesus. Name two of them.
3. Mary and Martha of Bethany had a brother who was the subject of one of Jesus' most astonishing miracles. What was his name? (John 11:1-2)
4. Of which tribe of Israel was Paul descended? (Philippians 3:5)
5. What was the relation between Lydia and Ananias?
(Acts 5, Acts 16)
a) wife and husband
b) sister and brother
c) mother and son-in-law
d) no known relation
6. John Mark's mother was an early Christian named ________. (Acts 12:12)
7. Because of John Mark's one-time act of desertion, his cousin ______ had a dramatic falling-out with Paul over whether to keep John Mark as their traveling companion.
(Acts 15:36-40, Colossians 4:10)
8. Timothy's parents were of what disparate nationalities? (Acts 16:1)
a) Jewish and Greek
b) Jewish and Roman
c) Persian and Macedonian
d) Samaritan and Macedonian
9. What relative of Paul once exposed an assassination plot against him?
style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(153, 153, 0);">(Acts 23:12-35)
10. This man's family was reported by Paul to be the first believers in Achaia (lower Greece).
(1 Corinthians 16:15)
Questions taken from "Bible Challenge" Small Facts from the Big Book by Daniel E. Harmon
Good Night to All and May God Bless!