Sunday, March 20, 2011
Bible Challenge- "MUSIC"
Good Evening to All!
Music is mentioned all throughout the Bible. It was used to make war and to celebrate victories. It was used as therapy in 1 Samuel16:14-23, it was a ministry in Chronicles 6:32. They even had choirs and Orchestras according to Ecclesiastes 2:7-8. Angels use it to praise God, and all through Psalms there was music. All through time, music has been a part for many, many different reasons. Let's see what our Bible Challenge has to ask about it and how much we know.
1. True or False: Miriam, sister of Moses and Aaron, was one of the first music and dance leaders noted in the Bible. (Exodus 15-20)
2. With what musical instruments were seven priests ordered to lead the Israelites against Jericho? (Joshua 6:4-5)
a) brass trumpets
b) reed flutes
c) ox horns
d) none of the above
3. A musical, prophetic frenzy caused this Old Testament person, filled with the Holy Spirit, to be "turned into another man." (1 Samuel 10:5-6)
4. Whose harp laying gave King Saul soothing respite from evil spirits?
(1 Samuel 16:23)
5. 2 Chronicles names the ___________as the temple singers. (2 Chronicles 5:12)
6. King Nebuchadnezzar used music as a signal for what? (Daniel 3:7)
a) for the Feast of the Passover to begin
c) for his army to attack the Israelites
c) for his subjects to bow and worship his golden image
d) for his mother's entrance into his throne room
7. True or False: Jesus and His disciples sang at the Last Supper. (Matthew 26:30)
8. Paul asserted that unless he displayed charity in his life, all his fine words bore no more meaning than these tow musical instruments. bold;">(1 Corinthians 13:1)
a. harp and cymbal
b) brass and cymbal
c) harp and flute
d) brass and flute
9. True or False: The apostle Paul encouraged the church to use music in worship. (Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16)
10. What musical instrument does each of the seven angels hold at the opening of the seventh seal in Revelation? (Revelation 8:2)
b) ram's horn
c) goat's horn
Good Night to All and May God Bless!