Friday, March 4, 2011

"YOUR ALL-the-TIME, EVERYDAY FRIEND"


Good Evening to All!

Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice. (Psalm 55:127 NKJV)

Have you ever thought much about "friendship"? Do you consider people you JUST met friends, or acquaintances? Do you like to get to know a person before you consider them a friend, and better yet, WHAT do you consider the attributes of being a friend or what you want your friends to be to you?

When I was a little girl, I had VERY LOW self-esteem, so if ANYONE showed me attention, I considered them a friend. Even those who just wanted to be around me when I would buy them cokes or candy, whatever. Now that I am grown, I still have a self-esteem issue, but I am still careful about who I pick as friends, ESPECIALLY since I became closer to God. I don't want anything or anyone getting in my way of His and my relationship. Bad habits are a lot easier to pick up and harder to get rid of than good ones. Therefore, bad influences will hinder our walk with God.

Developing a true friendship takes time. A person can have as close a relationship with God as they want. The key is just like with humans, you have to be willing to spend time with Him, talking with Him and listening to Him. Yes, I said that correctly. "Talking WITH Him". I say this because a conversation takes two. While one talks, the other LISTENS. We have a tendency, because God doesn't commonly speak with an AUDIBLE voice, to do all the talking. Now, I'm telling a little bit on myself, but my husband gets REALLY aggravated at me sometimes because I LOVE to talk. Then, I have the nerve to say to him, how come you never talk to me?! LOL! He tells me he would if he could get a word in edge-wise! As bad as I hate to admit it, it's true.

The same goes for our conversations with God. If we want Him to talk to us, WE have to let Him speak. He isn't going to yell over our voices to be heard.

This is the way to begin a relationship with God. Pray, listen, read His Word, Study His Word, talk to Him. The reason I say pray and talk, is because I would like to bring up a point. To me, praying and talking are one in the same. Jesus says He is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Well, if He is a friend, then you can talk to Him just like you would your best friend here on Earth. I am definitely not one of those people who can say an elegant prayer, or even speak eloquently. Therefore, I just call His name, tell Him how much I love Him, and How special He is to me, then I tell Him my prayer request, and thank Him in advance, because I know it will be taken care of, and end by letting Him know that I am praying in Jesus' Name because there is Power in the Name of Jesus. After that, I stay quiet for a while and listen to my spirit and I get an answer. Sometimes it comes right away, other times I have to wait because it will come in God's time, when He knows I am ready for the answer.

God is there ALL THE TIME. Even when we don't think He is. He hears all, sees all, knows all. There is nothing that we can do or say or that happens that He doesn't know about. This is why I am so glad that He is such a merciful, forgiving God. He loves us even with all our faults.

The more we walk with Him, the closer we will become. He is the ONE who will never leave your or forsake you. He is the ONE who you can depend upon for all your life and beyond.

Remember, don't be the kind of "friend" to Him that just goes to Him when you need or want something. Unfortunately, those kind of friends are a dime a dozen. Be a true friend to Him as He is to you. Be there all the time. Talk to Him when you are happy, praise Him for things He has given you and made possible in your life. Talk to Him when good things happen, just like you would call your best friend when you got good news about something or met a fantastic boy or girl friend. Let Him know you care enough for Him to include Him in your everyday life. He is interested in every aspect of your life, not just the "important things" so let Him be a part of it.

I guarantee even the GOOD THINGS will be MUCH BETTER when HE is included as a FRIEND.

Good Night To All and May God Bless!



Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Desiray said...

Making friends can be hard for me I guess I am very careful who I call friend. I talk to all people and can help them if they need it but not all the people who I come in contact with I call friend. Because being a friend takes investment, you have to work at it. And though through the years I've been hurt by some who I really thought was my friend, I've learned now to not let it get to me. If they leave me or do wrong by me then I chalk it up as a lesson learned and keep moving on. Jesus and my husband are my friends. Jesus will never leave me nor do me any harm, my husband loves me and want the best for me, but even if he was to do me wrong then I can't be worried about that either for he will have to answer to God for that...People have different meanings as to what a friend is maybe that is why people behave the way that they do in friendships.

Toyin O. said...

Amen PJ, thank you so much for sharing, I know Jesus is my very best friend. He is that one friend that stick closer than a brother. Thank you for sharing:)

lioneagle said...

Hi PJ -

Thank you for sharing this.

You expressed, "The more we walk with Him, the closer we will become. He is the ONE who will never leave your or forsake you. He is the ONE who you can depend upon for all your life and beyond."

I wholly agree with you. Glory to GOD!