Good Evening to All!
Have Fun and ...
1. God instituted the Passover feast to remind His people of: (Exodus 12:27)
a) Himself passing over the surface of the waters at creation
b) His angel passing over the blood-marked homes of the captive Israelites when killing the Egyptians' firstborn
c) the Israelites passing over the exposed riverbed in their flight from Egypt
d) the heavenly dove passing over the scene of Jesus' baptism
2. True or False: In handing down the Old Testament law, God demanded that the Israelites present as an offering to Him "the first of the firstfruits." (Exodus 23:19)
3. True or False: God commanded the Israelites to destroy not only their own idols, but those of other people. (Exodus 23:24)
4. God specified to Moses during the Exodus the kinds of offerings His people were to bring to Him. Which of the following was not included? (Exodus 25:1-7)
c) eagle wings
d) goat hair
5. Old Testament law prescribed what as the penalty for breaking the Sabbath? (Exodus 31:15, 35:2, Numbers 15:32-36)
b) loss of an eye
c) an elaborately detailed sacrifice of atonement
6. Why did Moses break the stone tablets containing the Ten Commandments? (Exodus 32:19)
a) an overwhelming sense of godly fear
b) anger at the Israelites and their golden calf
c) he was startled by a lightning bolt
d) he stumbled on the rocky mountainside
7. The 50th year, as prescribe3d in Leviticus, was to be the Israelites' time of celebration called the Year of _______. (Leviticus 25:8-13)
8. In the laws of Deuteronomy, the Lord forbade His people from plowing_____. (Deuteronomy 22:10)
a) with an ox and donkey yoked together
b) in winter
c) after sunset
d) plots larger than two acres
9. In the laws of Deuteronomy, the Lord forbade His people from wearing________. (Deuteronomy 22:11)
a) clothes made of different materials in combination
d) a headdress on the Sabbath
10. God did not forbid His people form dining on the Sabbath, but He forbade one ordinary household activity that substantially limited food preparation. what was it? (Exodus 35:3)
May these "Challenges" help you gain a little knowledge into the Word of God and maybe even give you a hunger to delve into His Word even deeper.
Good Night and May God Bless!