Sunday, May 8, 2011
Give-Away Winner and Bible Challenge - "What's in a Name Part 3"
Good Evening to All!
Well Everyone, Tonight's the night! Are y'all ready to find out the winner to the Devotional Book "the 365 Most Important Bible Passages for Women from Hachette Book Group? Drum Roll Please....... and the winner is....Number 8, Tracy Suzanne! Congratulations! I will contact Hachette Book Group Publishers with your Name and Address after contacting you.
On with the Challenge.
1. True or False: God named each of the animals after placing Adam in the Garden of Eden. (Genesis 2:19)
2. Who was the first unborn child recorded in the Bible for whom an angel of God commanded a specific name? (Genesis 16:11)
c) John the Baptist
3. Just before she died giving birth, Rachel named the infant _______, signifying her sorrow, but his father Jacob changed the name to Benjamin. (Genesis 35:18)
4. Joseph's older brothers had an unflattering nickname for him: (Genesis 37:19)
5. If his parents' relatives and neighbors had gotten their way, what would have been John the Baptist's name? (Luke1:58-60)
6. At Bethlehem, Naomi gave herself a new name, Mara, based on her: (Ruth 1:19-20)
a) conviction that Jesus would be born there
b) bitter lot in life
c) family surname
d) instructions from God's angels
7. God through Nathan commanded young Solomon to be called __________, or "Beloved of the Lord." (2 Samuel 12:24-25)
8. Which prophet referred to God as "the Ancient of Days?" (Daniel 7:9)
9. Who referred to the antichrist as "that man of sin . . . the son of perdition"? (2 Thessalonians 2:3)
10. In Revelation, John refers to Jesus as "the __________of the tribe of Judah." (Revelation 5:5)
Congratulations !I hope you enjoy your book. Hachette Publishers will be contacting you and sending your book directly from the company.
Good Night to All and May God Bless!