Monday, May 16, 2011

"NEW 'TUDES - ATTITUDES THAT IS" - Challenge Answers

Good Evening to All!

This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. But you have not so learned Christ, if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. (Ephesians 4:17-24 NKJV)

I order you to stop living like stupid, godless people. Their minds are in the dark and they are stubborn and ignorant and have missed out on the life that comes form God. They no longer have any feelings about what is right, and they are so greedy that they do all kinds of indecent things.

But that isn't what you were taught about Jesus Christ. He is the truth, and you heard about Him and learned about Him. You were told that your foolish desires will destroy you and that you must give up your old way of life with all its bad habits. Let the Spirit change your way of thinking and make you into a new person. You were created to be like God, and so you must please Him and be truly holy.

(Ephesians 4:17-24 CEV-Contemporary English Version)

Paul wrote this letter to to the Christians in Ephesians but it is just as much meant for us today. Just as the Ephesian Christians back then had their priorities messed up and the wrong attitudes abounded, so do ours today.

Just as they needed to then we need to re-examine ourselves today and give ourselves an attitude adjustment. We are all greedy in one way or another. I'll use me as an example. I don't know how to leave anything on my plate. Even if I am overly stuffed, if there is a bite left on my plate it's going in my stomach. Another way, I'm greedy is no matter what plans my hubby wants to make I have him make them AROUND my housecleaning jobs. I don't want to miss making any "mad money". Yes, I said mad money. I don't even "need" it to survive. I just don't like being without money in my purse and I don't like asking hubby for money to spend. Therefore, he is the one who suffers in the long-run having to make his schedule fit mine. I then justify my attitude (which is another wrong thing) by saying the more money I make the more I can give for tithes). It's not wrong to want to tithe, actually it is a requirement of God. He doesn't ask us to do it, He tells us to do it. BUT, I shouldn't use that as an excuse to make more money, to spend more time away from my duties as a wife.

I say that because after I clean my client's houses, I'm hurting too bad and am too tired to clean my own, therefore it waits until the week-end. Therefore, I am neglecting my hubby and my duties as a wife.

I also spend too much time on line and not enough time in my Bible. Yes, I do research in several different Bibles for my blog, but that's not the same. I need to spend a certain amount of time EVERY DAY reading and contemplating on God's Word. Not just from the intellectual point of view, but more from the Spiritual point of view.

Those are just a few things where I need a 'tude adjustment.

Paul wrote that letter to encourage Christians to grow spiritually and become more like Christ. We need to examine our own habits and reestablish our priorities having to do with our money and time and discover what other habits we need to change. We must give up ways that hurt us spiritually and physically.

It is NOT in our human nature to follow the "Spirit" without some effort. We are carnal minded. Therefore, if we are to do as God commands and become "more like Jesus", then the attributes and attitudes we need to allow the Holy Spirit to help us "put on" are the Beatitudes discussed in Matthew 5:3-10 and the Fruit of the Spirit discussed in Galatians 5:22-23.

Before we can change our budget or our lifestyle ( the way we eat, play, or be entertained) the first thing we need to do is turn to the Holy Spirit and do some studying on how Christ wasn't us to live.

The Holy Spirit will help us change if we will let Him. I know this for a fact because He has changed me 180 degrees from the way I used to be and He's not through yet.

We just have to be willing to listen to Him in our spirit, and be willing to make the change.

The answers to the Bible Challenge "Food and Drink Part 2 are as follows:

1. b) Noah (Genesis 9:4)
2. b) Noah (Genesis 9:20-27)
3. d) fins and scales (Deuteronomy 14:9-10)
4. a) raven (Deuteronomy 14:14)
5. False (Deuteronomy 14:19_
6. It was hallowed temple bread. (1 Samuel 21:1-6)
7. b) Solomon's (1 Kings 4:22-23)
8. c) salt (2 Kings 2:19-22)
9. d) honey (Ezekiel 2:8-3:3, Revelation 10:9-10)
10. False (there are no references to tomatoes in the Bible)

Good Night to All and May God Bless!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: