Sunday, July 17, 2011
Bible Challenge - "CRIME and PUNISHMENT" Part 2
Good Evening to All!
I'm hoping you all had a wonderfully Blessed Sunday.
Here's a little "food for thought" for those of us who start complaining about our country's justice system, before the Challenge. Would you believe that they still use "stoning" as a type of punishment in Iran. This picture below is of a stoning of a lady who was falsely accused of adultery, in 1986. (To me that is modern day). It sickens me to think in this day and age that a country could be as cruel as that . Believe it or not, I even saw some pictures of a stoning in Somalia where they bury villagers up to their wastes and force them to watch as they carry out the stoning. With my 2 cents spent, on with the Challenge.
Have Fun and . . .
1. When Moses saw an Egyptian slave master beating a Hebrew worker, he delivered this punishment to the Egyptian. (Exodus 2:11-12)
a) he reported him to Pharaoh
b) he beat the Egyptian within an inch of his life
c) he slew the Egyptian
d) he slew the Egyptian's family
2. The first reported incident of capital punishment by stoning occurred while the Israelites wandered in the wilderness. What was the offense? (Numbers 15:32-36)
a) theft of an ox
c) Sabbath breaking
d) beating a parent
3. According to Old Testament law, the punishment for witchcraft was_________.
a) loss of both eyes
b) loss of the right eye
4. According to Old Testament law, the punishment for making a sacrifice to a false god was __________. (Exodus 22:20)
a) utter destruction
b) death by fire
c) death by the sword
d) death by hanging
5. In what book of the Bible does God authorize havens of rest for those who commit manslaughter? (Numbers 35:6) (talk about a freebie!) LOL!
6. What punishment did Joshua prescribe for the five Amorite kings who rose against him?
b) lifelong confinement within their palaces
d) none-they all were killed in battle
7. Some of the men of this city were killed because they looked inside the Ark of the Covenant. (1 Samuel 6:19)
8. King Solomon ordered the execution of this old enemy of his father David for violating a detention order. (1 Kings 2:36-46)
9. True or False: Proverbs says a man is not despised if he steals out of hunger.
10. Who taught that before you take formal action against someone who sins against you, you must "go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone"? (Matthew 18:15)
a) God through Moses
May these "Challenges" help you gain a little knowledge into the Word of God and maybe even give you a hunger to delve into His Word even deeper.
Good Night to All and May God Bless!