Sunday, August 21, 2011
Bible Challenge - "HUSBANDS AND WIVES"
Good Evening to All!
Have Fun and . . .
1. Before Laban would give his daughter Rachel to Jacob in marriage, he tricked Jacob into marrying Rachel's older sister __________. (Genesis 29)
2. In all, how long did Jacob have to work for Laban to earn his two wives? (Genesis 9:28-29)
a) 14 days
b) 14 weeks
c) 140 days
d) 14 years
3. True or False: Joseph, son of Jacob, took an Egyptian wife. (Genesis 41:45)
4. Whose wife was Zipporah? (Exodus 2:21)
5. The widow Abigail, before marrying David, had been wife to a foolish man named __________. (1 Samuel 25)
6. When King David danced before the Lord, he was scorned by his wife ____________.
(2 Samuel 6:16)
7. Which daughter of King Saul was promised to David but was given in marriage to another man instead? (1 Samuel 18:17-19)
c ) Delilah
8. What was especially remarkable about King Solomon's 700 wives? (1 Kings 11:3)
a) they were all sisters or step-sisters
b) they were all older than him
c) they were all princesses
d) they were all godly
9. In the first-century church, this couple died because they greedily withheld some of their land-dealing profits. (Acts 5:1-10)
a) Tobias and Lydia
b) Joses and Winona
c) Ananias and Sapphira
d) Theudas and Gretchen
10. In his letter to the Ephesians, Paul asserted that husbands should love their wives just as ___________. (Ephesians 5:25)
a) god loves the world
b) Christ loves the church
c) tax collectors love money
d) they love themselves
May these "Challenges" help you gain a little knowledge into the Word of God and maybe even give you a hunger to delve into His Word even deeper.
Good Night to All and May God Bless!