Sunday, October 16, 2011
Bible Challenge - "PLAGUES AND AFFLICTIONS"
Good Evening to All!
1. What was Moses' notable deficiency? (Exodus 4:10-16)
a) absence of his right leg below the knee
b) speech impediment
2. Moses is the first person the bible reports to have been cured of __________.
b) speech impediment
3. The Lord punished Moses' sister Miriam with a physical affliction because she questioned Moses' unique relationship with God. what was her affliction?
a) inability to speak for two years
c) inability to conceive
d) internal bleeding
4. After God sent poisonous snakes to plague the rebellious Israelites and they repented, He gave them this snakebite remedy. (Numbers 21:4-9)
a) a bronze snake on a pole
b) a healing spring
c) a wild herb
d) a potion of calf's blood, olive oil, and honey
5. Jonathan's son (Saul's grandson) Mephibosheth had a physical disability. What was it?
(2 Samuel 9:3-6)
a) he was blind
b) he was missing an arm
c) he was deaf
d) he was lame
6. This king, "diseased in his feet," refused to seek the Lord's help and relying solely on his royal physicians, died. (2 Chronicles 16:12-13)
7. How did King Ahaziah end up on what would become his deathbed?
(2 Kings 2-4)
b) arrow wound
c) falling through an upstairs lattice
d) lung disease-probably pneumonia
8. In Jesus' time, where did afflicted Jews go because of its healing waters? (John 5:2-4)
b) the pool of Bethesda
c) the River Jordan
d) the Dead Sea
9. Who cured Saul/Paul of blindness? (Acts 9:17-18)
10. Who prescribed prayerful anointment with oil to heal the sick? (James 5:14)
These are some of the less repulsing pictures I saw of leprosy. There some with huge blisters and sores all over their bodies (including their faces and some missing complete limbs that were "rotted off". These pictures are the easier to handle ones without getting sick, and to think this disease still goes on today, although now we have medicine to treat it. Can you imagine living back then when there was none? No hope except for the hope of Jesus to come and heal you before it was too late.
Good Night to All and May God Bless!