Sunday, October 30, 2011
Bible Challenge - "SLEEP"
Good Evening to All!
1. Fleeing to his Uncle Laban's after stealing his brother's blessing, Jacob fell asleep along the way. What did he use for a pillow? (Genesis 28:11)
2. How did Old Testament law help ensure that poor people got a good night's sleep? (Deuteronomy 24:10-13)
a) by requiring rich people to put them up for the night
b) by requiring innkeepers to find them places to sleep in stables
c) by requiring the maintenance of a poor house in each town
d) by requiring lenders to return to them each night cloaks that were offered as collateral for loans
3. "Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land . . ." Whose impending death did God foretell in this way?
a) Adam and Eve's
4. Who lost his hair by falling asleep? (Judges 16:19)
5. The psalmist wrote that God gives sleep to____________. (Psalm 127:2)
a) hard workers
b) the aged and infirm
c) His beloved people
d) weary warriors
6. In Ecclesiastes, we're told laborers enjoy their sleep. The rich, meanwhile, go sleepless because: (Ecclesiastes 5:12)
a) God is displeased with them
b) their riches consume their thoughts
c) they're addicted to exhausting vices
d) they feel guilty
7. The damsel is not dead, but sleepeth," Jesus said before performing one of His most astonishing miracles. What did Jesus command upon the girl's rising? (Mark 5:42-43)
a) that her father build a new temple
b) that her father become a fisher of men
c) that her parents take in the hungry
d) that no one be told, and that she be given something to eat
8. While Jesus' disciples slept in the Garden of Gethsemane, what was Jesus doing?
a) also sleeping
b) writing His will
d) healing the sick
9. What was Jesus' comment when He found the disciples sleeping in the garden?
a) "the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified."
b) "For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed."
c) "but blessed are your eyes, for they see; and your ears, for they hear ."
d) "The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."
10. Besides Jesus, what other biblical man once slept at sea, oblivious to a storm?
Good Night to All and May God Bless!