Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"HOLINESS and CHRISTIAN LIVING"


Good Evening to All!

I have truly been enjoying going through this series of Bible Studies and hope you have enjoyed, maybe even gleaned a little bit from them, or at least gained a new perspective of some things which you have heard.

Tonight's study is dealing with, Yes, you guessed it Holiness and Christian Living. Now remember as always, I am not trying to force beliefs on anyone, although these are Biblical, nor am I trying to convert anyone. I am hoping to give you "food for thought", something to chew on for a while.

The Christian life is a daily walk of faith. Romans 1:17 tells us, "For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. "Just" meaning righteous, morally right, or uprightness with God. Now one is saved by individual predestination; all are saved as they respond in faith to God's universal grace (John 3:16; Titus 2:11-12).

The Bible does not teach unconditional security; each person lives by obedient faith in Christ. Romans 11:17-23 is explaining about "ingrafted branches". It discusses how even though the branches had to be pruned (Jews) because they were "deadwood" no longer connected by belief and commitment to the root (Jesus). (The Message). This does not mean that they are "counted out" by any means. They are still God's People.

I love the way "The Message worded this. Speaking of the Gentiles or we who are "grafted in", it says, "The only reason you're (we're) on the tree is because your (our) graft "took" when you believed, and because you're (we're) connected to that belief-nurturing root. So don't get cocky and strut your branch. Be humble mindful of the root that keeps you lithe and green.

If God didn't think twice about taking pruning shears to the Natural Branches, why would he hesitate over you (us)? He wouldn't give it a second thought.

Some other verses along these same lines is Hebrews 2:1-4; 10:35-39. The point is, if Christians will remain in Him, they have assurance of eternal life, for not external force can take away their salvation (Romans 8:35-39) (Hebrews 6:11-12) And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: (12) That ye be not slothful (sluggish), but followers (imitators) of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. (10:22) Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

There are Several basic disciplines which are integral parts of Christian living:

1. Prayer
2. Bible Study
3. Faithful church attendance and submission to godly leadership
4. Giving of tithes and offerings
5. Worship
6. Fasting
7. Holiness of life.

All of these are rather short, except for "Holiness of life and it is rather lengthy, so when I get to it I may break it down again. I will be covering these Thursday. I hope you will join me. I always enjoy learning more and more about how I can make my life mean more. Not only to God, but to everyone. The more I learn about living for God and what all it entails, and the more I put it into practice, it seems to help all the way around. I have a better relationship not only with God, but also the people in my family and even those who I come in contact with, because I concentrate on showing God's light and love through me. At least that's what I try to do.

I will be the first to say, I am human so I fall short sometimes and slip with my shortness of temper, or impatience, that sort of thing, but the more I read in God's Word, and the more Devotionals I read, the more I study, I tend to be more conscientious of my actions toward others.

Therefore, by my wanting to share with y'all, I learn a lot as well.

Good Night to All and May God Bless!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: