Sunday, November 27, 2011
Bible Challenge - "FISH AND SHIPS"
Good Evening to All!
After looking through my book of Challenges, I found this one to be just that. I say this because these questions are of things we probably didn't or wouldn't think twice about when reading God's Word. How many of these can you answer correctly? Don't forget to look the scriptures up if need be. There might be a little nugget of knowledge in there you overlooked.
The photos I have included are (1) a model of King Solomon's ship, (2) a life size model of a fishing boat of Biblical times, (3) a man casting out his fishing net, (4) a fishing net with birch wood as weights, (5) Talapia fish which has been around since Biblical times, and (6) an ancient fishing harpoon.
1. Whom did God specifically designate to be navigator of Noah's ark? (Genesis 7)
d) no one
2. In his deathbed talk with his sons, Jacob pronounced that which of them would settle near the sea and be a "haven for ships"? (Genesis 49:13)
3. King Solomon's ships of ______________ brought him gold, silver, ivory, apes, and peacocks every three years. (1 Kings 10:22)
4. In reproving Job, the Lord mentioned what two methods of fishing, suggestive that they apparently were common in those times? (Job 41:7)
a) nets and hooks
b) nets and spears
c) harpoons and nets
d) harpoons and spears
5. One of the prophets described fishing methods thus: "They take up all of them with the angle, they catch them in the net, and gather them in their drag." Which prophet?
6. Isaiah 19 forecast poor fishing in what country?
7. Ezekiel predicted this city would be laid flat, its site useful only for spreading and drying fishnets. (Ezekiel 26:4-5)
8. After His resurrection,Jesus appeared to Peter and several others and told them where to fish. In what body of water were they fishing? (John 21:1)
a) Dead Sea
b) Mediterranean Sea
c) Sea of Tiberias
d) River Jordan
9. How many fish did His followers catch after following Jesus' instructions? (John 21:11)
a) a netful; number not specified
10 On what body of water was Paul shipwrecked?
a) Sea of Galilee
b) River Jordan
c) Aegean Sea
d) Adriatic Sea