Sunday, November 6, 2011
Bible Challenge - "PARENTS AND CHILDREN" Parts 1 and 2
Good Evening To All!
For some reason, I have always had trouble "getting into" the book of Chronicles in the Bible.
This one begat such and such and that one begat so and so, I got totally confused and sleepy. Now, looking upon this Bible Challenge, I wish I had studied the "begats" more.
I have included Parts one and two in this challenge tonight because the first ten were so easy, you probably won't even have to look them up. The second part will be more of a challenge hopefully and you will need to look up the scriptures to find the answers.
1. Abraham and Hagar, Sarah's servant, had a son named ____________. (Genesis 16:15)
2. Which was not a child of Abraham and Keturah? (Genesis 25:1-2)
3. Who was the mother of Joseph and Benjamin? (Genesis 35:24)
4. Unable to bear children, Hannah promised God that if He would allow her to have a son, she would commit the child to a life of service to God. Thus was born _______. (1 Samuel 1:20)
5. The sons of Eli (1 Samuel 2:12-17)
a) became the judges of Israel
b) became the priests of Israel
c) became the prophets of Israel
]d) became ungodly men
6. Who was King David's father? (1 Samuel 16:1-13)
7. How did King Saul's son Jonathan die? (1 Samuel 31:2)
b) killed by Philistines
c) murdered by assassins hired by his brother Abinadab
d) the Bible doesn't say
8. Who was Solomon's mother? (2 Samuel 12:24)
9. The prophet Isaiah's father was________. (Isaiah 1:1)
10. What was the name of John the Baptist's mother? (Luke 1:13)
1. This man had three sons named Shem, Ham, and Japheth. (Genesis 10:1)
2. "[W]ith thy blessing let the house of thy servant be blessed for ever." Thus concluded the lengthy prayer of this father for his family. (2 Samuel 7:18-29)
3. Who was Samuel's father? (1 Samuel 1:19-20)
d) the Bible does not say
4. Who was King Saul's father? (1 Samuel 8:1-2)
5. Who was the father of Michal, David's first wife? (1 Samuel 18:27)
6. Which son of Solomon "reigned in his stead" after Solomon's death? (1 Kings 11:43)
7. King Asa deposed Maachah as the queen mother because: (1 Kings 15:11-13)
a) she confronted him with his wickedness
b0 she refused to obey his edict concerning clothing
c) she worshipped an idol
d) he learned she was his aunt, not his mother
8. Good King Hezekiah had an evil father: (2 Kings 16)
9. The prophet Hosea's father was ___________. (Hosea 1:1)
10. Jesus from the cross commanded which disciple to take care of Jesus' mother Mary?
Good Night To All and May God bless!