Sunday, December 4, 2011
Bible Challenge - "FOOD AND DRINK" Part 2
Good Evening to All!
I hope you've all had a wonderfully blessed week. I also hope you have had time to spend some quiet time with God in reflection and in His Word.
Tonight's Bible Challenge has to do with the Biblical customs of eating and drinking in the Bible.
1. God forbade this individual from eating any meat that still had blood in it. (Genesis 9:4)
2. Who was the first person in the Bible to get drunk? (Genesis 9:20-27)
d) King David
3. God told His people they could eat any kind of seafood that had ____________. (Deuteronomy 14:9-10)
c) gills and scales
d) fins and scales
4. Which of the following birds (among others) did God specifically prohibit His people from eating? (Deuteronomy 14:14)
d) all of the above
5. True or False: God told the Israelites it was okay to eat certain flying insects. (Deuteronomy 14:19)
6. When David was in hiding, Ahimelech the priest gave him bread to eat. Was was special about this food? (1 Samuel 21:1-6, Mark 2:25-26)
7. "[T]hirty measures of fine flour, and threescore measures of meal, ten fat oxen, and twenty oxen out of the pastures, and an hundred sheep, beside harts, and roebucks, and fallowdeer, and fatted fowl." This was the "provision for one day" in whose abode? (1 Kings 4:22-23)
8. Elisha purified the sickening spring water at Jericho with _________. (2 Kings 2:19-22)
9. The prophet Ezekiel and the apostle John both "ate God's Word," devouring scrolls. what did the Word of God literally taste like? (Ezekiel 2:8-3:3, Revelation 10:9-10)
10. True or False: The Bible refers to tomatoes as poisonous.