Thursday, February 2, 2012


Good Afternoon to All!

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, (21) To Him be the glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21 NKJV).

As He helped the Israelites back in Biblical times, He helps us today, just for the asking. He is the Same God He was back then. He is the same Yesterday, Today and Forever.

This being said, why is it that we STILL try and do things on our own without asking for His help? For some reason, we struggle and struggle through life trying to attempt things and often (more often than not) end up with a mess on our hands. If that doesn't happen and we actually succeed, it probably isn't without problems of some sort. I know, I'm just as guilty.

Asking God for help is the LAST thing on my mind when I'm doing anything. That is until I have been struggling and trying, and starting over and over again. and fighting with whatever it is I am trying to accomplish. If that doesn't work, I will call someone else to help and usually make myself look silly. Why not ASK God for help FIRST? He won't laugh at us, He won't condemn us for not knowing how to do something. That is a human trait. Whether it be a task at hand or even a way to approach a person to give them bad news or explain something, I am LEARNING to approach God's throne FIRST.

I do not express myself well, so I'm always afraid whatever I say will be taken out of context or completely opposite of what I am trying to say, so it takes me 20 or 30 minutes to explain myself and by then people are more than likely getting tired of listening. As my husband has so lovingly said MANY TIMES, It takes me 20 or 30 minutes to say what most people can say in 2 minutes! Of course I know he isn't trying to be mean, and he's telling the truth, but it still hurts my feelings, so I have really trying to do better. I try to remember to ask God to help me with whatever task or comment I am undertaking so I will get it right the first time.

What makes us think that we know more than God? What makes us think that we can accomplish things better or easier than God? I'm kind of talking to myself now because I still have a lot to learn, and I have a clue for myself, WE CAN'T. Now as God's Word says, "With God All Things Are Possible". In other words as long as we ask God for help in our endeavors, We can succeed (if what we are doing is in His Will).

God is SO GOOD! He WANTS us to ASK HIM for help. Remember, to Go to Him first when you have a problem or a task to undertake. He can make ALL OF THE DIFFERENCE.

Have a Wonderfully Blessed Day!

2 comments:

Salviano Adão said...

Muito bom belo blog, boa postagem.
Que o Senhor nosso Deus venha te abençoar ainda mais.

David said...

Awesome blog. God Bless.