Friday, February 17, 2012

"PLANT, WATER, INCREASE"


Good Evening to All!

I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. (7) So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. (1 Corinthians 3:6-7 KJV)

It has taken me quite a few years to understand and not to feel like a failure when I witness to someone and they don't "accept" or understand what I am trying to explain to them about God and His love.

When I became serious about the Lord, and received the Holy Ghost, I wanted EVERYONE to feel like I did. I didn't think about people not being "ready' to hear what I had to say. I just knew that I had been changed for the better and was much happier, and I wanted everyone else to feel it as well.

I know now that I came across very pushy. Albeit unintentional. I just get very excited about things and want to share it all. The problem was I more than likely
scared people away by doing that.

I have finally learned that it is NOT MY JOB to save people. It is MY JOB to plant a seed. Meaning to drop bits of knowledge on people who are wanting to hear the truth. NOT BEATING THEM over the head with the Bible. God is the only one who can SAVE souls. I can do just a small part by answering questions, and showing people what true Christianity is by example. Such as being understanding and not shoving things down their throats that they aren't ready for.

I now have a morning ritual in which before leaving my house in the morning, I pray and ask God to place me in the path of someone to witness to and to prepare their heart for His Word.

Another thing is, many people automatically think of "preaching" or "Bible study" when they hear the word witness. Now, to be honest that is what I used to think because I had people come up to me and start talking about the Lord, and talk, and talk, and talk.... I don't do that. Now if someone is really interested, and keeps asking questions then yes, I will continue to talk to them, but I try to be "short and sweet". If I am having a conversation about something and can interject a bit of scripture in it, I do so. If I am telling someone about something good happening to me, I give God the glory, and tell the person how He helped me and include a scripture or two about God supplying our need or pouring out blessings to those who love Him, and so on.

I then leave it at that. I have grown in my relationship and knowledge enough to realize that saving souls, bringing others to Christ and witnessing IS NOT ABOUT ME. It's ALL ABOUT HIM. I am His instrument, but HE does the final reaping of the harvest. All I do is Plant, or water, and leave the increasing up to God.

This being said, Jesus did tell His disciples to go all over the world preaching the gospel. I know that according to Ephesians 4:11, it says, " And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; (12) For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.

Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest. (Matthew 9:38 KJV)

When we witness to others, we are doing what God wants us to do.

Good Night to All and May God Bless!

No comments: