Saturday, March 17, 2012

"FEAR OF SPEAKING"



Good Evening to All!

(1) And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The LORD hath not appeared unto thee. (10) And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou has spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. (11) And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? (12) Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say. (13) And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send. (14) And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he will be glad in his heart.

Goodness knows, how I LOVE TO TALK. My motto for my blog is I write like I talk, way too much! LOL! The thing is, this is true as long as I am in a normal everyday conversation, or writing something from my heart.

If I try to explain something, such as how something works, how to do something, or even give a regular Bible Study to more than one person at a time, It is almost impossible. I feel just like Moses did. Lord, just let me stay in the background. I'll do anything else, just don't make me be a "leader" or have to speak publicly. I will definitely make an idiot out of myself.

I still feel that way to an extent, but I am getting better. before I became the faith which I am now, you would have never caught me talking about the Lord to ANYONE. I was too embarrassed because I get so nervous and tongue-tied. Let me make sure I clarify that. I was not ashamed of being a Christian, I was scared to speak to more than one person at a time. Plus the fact I have always felt inadequate to speak about the Lord because I never felt that I knew enough.

I felt like I had to have ALL of the answers and if I didn't know them I would end up making a fool of myself even attempting to talk about a subject I knew little about.

Well, time has past and I still am very insecure about my public speaking, and I definitely make mistakes. The difference is I pray before I witness, and ask God to
help me. I also ask Him to prepare the hearts of those I come in contact with so that they will be ready and willing to hear. I also start off by letting people know that I am not a Bible scholar, or teacher for that matter, but I do love the Word of God. If they have questions and I do not know the answers, I will find out for them by asking someone who does.

God is with me always. He helps me. In most cases I really feel that He tells me what to say. I say "in most cases" because I am human, and more than likely every now and then a bit of my own opinion or outlook may sneak in. I do pray that God will always clarify that for me though.

According to God's Word, we are to go out into all the world and preach the gospel. He said this to His disciples. Therefore, while He did create the positions of Apostles, teachers, preachers, evangelists and prophets, He told his disciples to go out into the world and preach. Therefore, as we are "disciples" of Christ (Christ's followers) then that should be our job as well.

God will help us. He will tell us what to say, if we ask Him. He will also prepare the hearts of those who we are supposed to minister to. He would not tell us to do something without equipping us to do so. If we do not adhere to God's Word and do as He tells us, we are disobeying Him. If we don't do what He tells us, it is like we are saying we don't believe that He will help us, thus showing a lack of faith, and without faith, we cannot please God.

Some people are a natural at what I call "cold calls". This is just going up to a stranger and asking them questions about their faith, whether they know if they are going to heaven and so on. I myself, cannot do it that way. I will start up a regular conversation about anything kids, the weather, work, it doesn't matter. Somehow, God gives me and intro. Somehow, I am able to interject the subject of our LORD into our conversation, and it goes from there. It is truly awesome how God works that out.

Don't worry about how you will sound. Just think about how wonderful your words are sounding to God, as you bring Him into another person's life.

Think of this as a wonderful way to Please God.

Good Night to All and May God Bless!

No comments: