Friday, April 27, 2012

"DON'T TUNE HIM OUT"


Good Evening to All

This week has been such a blur. Between doing all of the "regular" things which I do each week, I cleaned an extra house and we've been having a Revival at Church (which has been totally awesome). I haven't been getting home from the service til a little after 9:pm. One night the presence of God was so strong, I lingered at the altar praying until 9:35. I love it when that happens.

My post today deals with deliberate "insubordination" to God. The most notable instance of course was Adam and Eve, but we still do it today.

Then to Adam He said, "Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I have commanded you, saying 'You shall not eat of it': "Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life. (18)Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you , And you shall eat the herb of the field. (19) In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken: For dust you are, And to dust you shall return." (20) And Adam called his wife's name Even, because she was the mother of all living.

Adam ignored God's warning about eating of the tree and allowed his wife to tempt him into eating the apple just as the serpent had tempted her.

Yes, God punished them both, punishments that have rippled all the way down through time until today. Eve's disobedience caused women to have painful childbirths, and through Adam's momentary weakness of giving into temptation, men would have to toil working the ground.

Ok, the devotion went another direction, but I wanted to bring it around to us today. I don't know about other marriages, so I will speak of my own. My hubby, (I love him dearly) will not accept responsibility of being wrong, or being the "cause of any problems. If anything goes wrong it is always someone else's fault, (mostly mine). I can talk myself blue in the face trying to explain consequences of something done in a wrong way, or said in a wrong manner, yet when he does it his way and things blow up in his face, he gets all upset and blames me.

I would imagine you are probably wondering what the above paragraph has to do with "Tuning Him Out". Well, just as my hubby tunes me out because he doesn't want to hear what I have to say, he doesn't think I'm smart enough to know or have common sense enough to be able to see ahead of what is to come with certain actions, we do the same to God. What's funny is that we will even pray, and ask God for guidance, but when He directs us and it isn't what we think it should be or we don't like it, we ignore His guidance. That, my friends is the worst thing we can do.

God gave us two sets of ears. One set is for physical hearing, that we may hear a Man of God bring God's message to us. He wants us to hear about how to be saved and allowed into His eternal kingdom with Him.

The second set is our "spiritual ears". With these ears we hear the voice of God in our spirit. We can understand what the Holy Ghost is teaching us, what is right from wrong, not only in the physical world, but our spiritual realm as well. We need to keep both sets of ears WIDE OPEN, so that we won't miss anything physically or spiritually.

To TUNE GOD OUT is to be doomed for an eternity in a VERY LOW PLACE. We desperately need to heed everything He has to say to us.

Good Night to All and May God Bless.

1 comment:

Rob Barkman said...

PJ,

Great posting. You are so right about the need to listen to the Lord as we read His Word. Too foten we don not listen but do all the talking!

Lord bless