Friday, April 13, 2012

"God is our Refuge, So Why Do We Seek Out Human Help First?"


Good Evening to All!

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

My salvation and my honor depend on God;
He is my mighty rock, my refuge,
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge.

Psalm 62:5-8 NIV

Here is the KJV of that same passage:

My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him.
(6) His only is my rock and my salvation: He is my defence; I shall not be moved. (7) In god is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
(8) Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Dear Father in Heaven,

What is it going to take, to shake me and make me realize that the ONE I can depend on is You? How many more times will I call upon friends, my husband or my family for help or advice, when in reality, they are not truly equipped to give me what I need?

Help me to remember to come to YOU FIRST, and not as a last resort. Help me God to strengthen my faith in You so that I will be able to discern in my spirit that it is You speaking to me and not me interjecting my own thoughts and feelings. Lord I know that you have given each one of us a "measure of faith" and it is up to us to increase that faith. The only way to do that is to step out in faith and watch You at work.
Father, You are my rock and my fortress, my strong tower. You are my port in the storm, and my refuge in times of trouble. I know this, yet I still run to others before I come to You. I know that You are bigger than any problem which I may encounter. That it is "I" who limit You by my lack of faith. I do have faith, but it is limited because I let my "brain" get in the way of my spirit.

Lord, I am praying this prayer on my blog post, because I know there are others out there just like me and I know that if asked You will help each and every one of us who come to you with this request. You have made many promises to us in Your Word and one of my favorite is "If ye abide in Me and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. (John 15:7).

Therefore, I am here asking that You touch my heart, and the heart and of all of those who read this post and increase our faith.

Father, I love You so much and I have no doubts about anything in your Word, at least in my heart. The problem is when my brain and my heart play tug o war. Help my heart to win out over my brain Lord. I have seen what you can do. I have seen healings which You have done, I've seen miracles such as money come from the most "unexpected places" when I've needed it and other things. I thank you so much.

I guess if I were to be limited to just two things to ask you for, it would be increased faith, and the wisdom I need to be a good witness for You to others.

I asked these things in the powerful name of Jesus Christ,
AMEN

No comments: