Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bible Trivia - "HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW YOUR BIBLE?"

Good Evening to All! (Or should I say good morning?)

 It's 12:34 a.m. and here I sit.  As you can see, I do not know how to manage my time well.  I have been going to do this post for the last few days and kept running out of time, so I continued to put it off.  Tonight, I decided I was going to finish this post no matter what time I get to bed.  After all, I feel like these are important posts.  If just one person gains a bit of knowledge of the Bible from this trivia challenge, or is able to recall some of these facts and passages from their childhood or whenever they had the opportunity to attend church,  I feel like I have accomplished something with God's help. 

1. Who was hung on a gallows fifty cubits (about seventy-five feet) high? (Esther 7: 9,10)

2. What were the names of the first and last judges of Israel? (Judges 1:13; 3:9; and 1 Samuel 7:8)

3. Who was the individual who watched over Baby Moses while he
floated in the bulrushes? (Exodus 2:4)

4. What was the name of the mother who made a little coat for her son every year? (1 Samuel 1:20; 2: 18,19)

5. What Bible prophet spoke of the killing of the children? (Jeremiah 31:15)

6. What type of bird did Noah first send forth from the Ark? (Genesis 8:6, 7)

7. The name of David’s first wife was __________________. (1 Samuel 18:27)

8.  The title written above Jesus’ cross said, “JESUS OF
NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.” Name the three languages that the title was written in. (John 19:19, 20)

9. Because of Achan’s sin, he was stoned in the valley____________. (Joshua 7:24-26)

10. What was the name of the sorcerer who was struck blind by Paul the apostle? (Acts 13:6-12)

Well, How did you do? Was there anyone who was able to answer them all or most correctly without looking up the scriptures? I wish I could say I knew all of the answers, but I can sure tell that I need to study my Bible more.

Leave a comment and let me know how you did. Leave your opinion as to whether I need to give easier questions or keep giving the hard ones.

How many of you actually take the time to look up the scriptures and get the answers, just guess, or pass over the ones you don’t know?

I would like to hear from you.

Have a Wonderful night and May God Bless!





Share/Bookmark

No comments: