Monday, October 6, 2014

Book Review—"100 DAYS OF RIGHT BELIEVING" by Joseph Prince


Good Afternoon to All!

I have to admit, it took me a few times of trying before I was able to pick this book up and keep reading it.

This book was sent to me as a complimentary copy for my unbiased Book Review by Faith Words, a division of Hachette Book Group.  I received no other compensation other than this free copy.  The opinions are strictly my own.

  I really don't have much to say about this book. Once I got started and forced myself to keep reading, it was an “ok” book. One thing it did was make me think. There were some parts in which I did not agree with Mr. Prince, but I liked his motive for writing this book. I agree that we HAVE to believe right to be an “over-comer” of anything, and being able to bring scriptures to our remembrance is key. 

 We must remember that God does not condemn us, but the devil does. When we start having defeating thoughts we should automatically know that those thoughts are not of God.

Mr. Prince also includes space for us to write down our thoughts as we read, which is also nice. While as I said there are parts of his book I do not agree with, such as “God is our friend, we should not fear Him, The idea of the book is sound. Yes, God is our friend. He is not our “buddy”. He IS to be feared and Highly Respected, after all, it is HE who is our ultimate judge. He will be the One who decides where we spend eternity.

I must say, I look forward to re-reading this book and taking my time with it, now that I can slow down and reflect on what I am reading.  I am hoping I will enjoy it and get more out of it the second time around.

I don't know that I would recommend this book for everyone, just because if you don't know your Bible, sometimes it may seem misleading, but as long as you read it, along with the Bible to make sure of the scriptures, and prayer to be able to discern what is meant, I think it will be all right.


Have a Wonderful Day and May God Bless!






Share/Bookmark


No comments: