Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's Like Going to the Bank



Good evening to All!

Because of our faith in Him, we dare to have the boldness (courage and confidence) of free access (an unreserved approach to God with freedom and without fear). Ephesians 3:12

The King James Version states it like this: In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of Him.

We should never feel insecure when we approach God in prayer. He knows all of our weaknesses and loves us anyway. God wants to give us more than enough, not barely enough, and we need to ask boldly.

Approaching God boldly in prayer can be likened to going to a bank to make a withdrawal. If I know I have fifty dollars in the bank because I deposited it there last week, I will not hesitate to pull up to the drive-through window and cash a fifty-dollar check. I know I have the money; it's mine, and I can get it out of the bank if I want. When I present my check, I fully expect to get my fifty dollars. We need to approach God with that same kind of boldness, not because of our own righteousness, but because of the privilege of being joint heirs with Jesus. We need to understand what is available to us because of Jesus and we need to pray confidently, with full expectation that we will receive what belongs to us . God has made incredible provision available to us in Christ and we simply need to ask in Jesus' name for the blessings He has already purchased for us. When we struggle with feelings of unworthiness, we should go to God's Word and let it remind us of our privileges as children of god. Ask the Holy Spirit to help us enter boldly into God's presence and receive the help we need because, "the Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ" (Romans 8:16-17 NKJV) He will speak to us and remind us that we belong to God!

God's Word is full of promises for us. We just need to know what they are and ask for them to be fulfilled. I have heard so many times why should I have to ask? God already knows what I want and need. The thing is, God wants us to humble ourselves and ask Him for things. Whether it's for help, or things we need, or even our desires. Now even though in John, he says, "anything you ask in My name and it shall be done", this does not mean whatever you want it will be given. What this verse is talking about is "anything within the "will of God".

The Holy Spirit's purpose as well as being our comforter, is to teach us and to guide us into all truth. By doing so, when we receive it, as we start "listening" to it, and abiding by it's wishes and the way it is making our spirit feel, then our desires will change drastically from a "world's viewpoint" to a "spiritual viewpoint". We will automatically start asking ourselves, "will this benefit me in my walk with God?"

When we increase our faith in God, and realize that God has only the limitations which we place on Him by not having enough faith, then as Joyce Meyer says our prayers will be like going to the bank. When we go to Him in prayer, we will know that our requests will be heard.

This does not mean He will give us everything we want. Sometimes what we want for ourselves is not good for us. God can see behind us in our past, He sees where we are now, and He sees where we will be in the future. Therefore, He knows the outcome or consequences which will occur with whatever we ask for.

God tells us to stand on His promises, come boldly to His throne with our petitions, (requests), and to expect miracles. By doing these things it is a complete show of faith in Him, by not putting limitations on Him.

When was the last time you showed "no reservations" and put NO limitations on God? When was the last time you "stepped out in faith and believed that God was going to answer the prayer which you prayed without wondering if He would truly come through for you?

Good Night to All and May God Bless. By the way, at the bottom of my post, you will see that I have added a "new little something". I haven't been getting many comments, so I thought maybe this would help a little. I added "reactions".


Resources: Joyce Meyer's "hearing from GOD in the morning
Holy Bible NKJV
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

lynette355 said...

Daily with the bills and how they are going to get paid!

But I do know my moving to Comanche and marrying John was a step of faith. And a guide from God that this was my path....how happy I am that I listened.

katlupe said...

I have to say that I rely on God constantly. At first I thought I was asking too much, but then it came to me that this is what He wants us to do. Now it is second nature for me. Excellent post as always!