Monday, August 9, 2010

Bible Challenge - "Teachings I"


Good Afternoon to All!

I am sorry I got so messed up because of not being able to post the other night. As I explained last night, I was unable to post Saturday night because of my Internet connection being messed up. I got mixed up last night and instead of typing the Bible Challenge as I do every Sunday, I type the post that I had wanted to type Saturday. Now today I am typing the Bible Challenge. Depending on the Internet connection tonight, I will post another one, but at this time here we go with the Bible Challenge. I hope you enjoy it.

1. If you want to acquire wisdom, according to Psalm 111 and Proverbs 1, you first must have a ___________. (Psalm 111:10, Proverbs 1:7)
a) desire to learn
b) willingness to serve
c) godly fear
d) sound body

2. According to Proverbs 5, ____---is "the principal thing." (Proverbs 4:7)
a) truth
b) wisdom
c) courage
d) birthright

3. Proverbs 15 teaches us to moderate our _________-in order to diffuse anger.
Proverbs 15:1)

a) beverage consumption
b) speech
c) punishment of criminals
d) discipline of children

4. The final chapter of Proverbs contains the teachings of King Lemuel regarding_________. (Proverbs 31)
a) the virtuous woman
b) the slovenly man
c) the obedient daughter
d) the rebellious son

5. Scripture warns us that comforts and pleasures___________. (Job 21:13, Proverbs 21:17, Luke 8:14)
a) are fleeting
b) lead to poverty
c) choke a person's understanding of God's word
d) all of the above

6. Jesus enraged listeners in His hometown Nazareth synagogue when he told them, among other things that _____________. (Luke 4:16-30)
a) no prophet is welcome in His hometown
b) He had come to earth to reconcile the Nazarenes to God
c) He would die in Jerusalem not Nazareth
d) none of the above.

7. The Beatitudes are___________. (Matthew 5:3-12)
a) a sequence of warnings.
b) a sequence of commands
c) a sequence of blessings
d) a sequence of pardons

8. Don't worry--worry does nothing to lengthen your life. Who gave us this advice?
(Matthew 6:25-27)
a) Isaiah
b) Amos
c) Jesus
d) Peter

9. In the Sermon on the Mount, Christ said that if you judge other , God will do this. \(Matthew 7:1-2)
a) judge you.
b) reward you
c) honor you
d) expect you to be able to explain your rationale on Judgment Day

10. In the eight chapter of John, Jesus told His disciples the truth would make them _____________. (John 8:32)
a) blessed
b) free
c) wealthy
d) wise

Happy Hunting!

As I said above, depending on the Internet connection, I may post a devotional later this evening.

May God Bless!



Share/Bookmark

No comments: