Saturday, August 28, 2010

DELIGHT IN GOD'S WILL


Good Evening to All!

I delight to do your will, O my God; yes, Your law is within my heart.(Psalm 40:8)

If we want to hear God's voice and obey His will, I believe our prayer every morning should be something like this: "God, I want to walk in Your perfect will all my life. I don't want Your permissive will; I don't want to do anything without Your approval and blessing. If I try to do something that 's not Your best for me, please let me feel hesitation in my heart, a check in my spirit, to keep me on the path of Your plan.

Help me to submit myself to You
Help me not to be stiff-necked. (Torn in many directions)
Help me not to be stubborn.
Help me not to be hard-hearted.

God, I want Your will to operate fully in my life. I've experienced the fruit of my own will enough to know that if I get my way, and it's not what You want, it's going to turn out badly. I'm willing to obey You, but please help me to hear clearly what You are telling me to do. Amen."

God's Word For You Tonight: Several times each day, whisper to God, "Your will be done."

******************************************************************

These are beautiful words. We all would like this to happen. Truth is, how many of us would actually mean them if we said them? Yes, we need to pray to God every morning for this to happen. If not these words then something like them. I am definitely not eloquent with words, nor am I a preacher who can pull words from the Bible right and left.

The thing is, I do my best. I know my shortcomings. For example, I know I get upset and excited to easily. When I do this things come out of my mouth that I wouldn't want my mom to hear. ( Not the REALLY BAD words, but in a sense they are all bad. If I wouldn't want my mom or Jesus to hear them, they shouldn't be coming out of my mouth. Therefore, when I "start up my conversation with God, that is one of the first things I ask Him is to keep hold of my tongue. After all, the tongue is the most unruly member of our body. It has too much power.

I know I do things on impulse, and 5 minutes after I do it, I regret it. So I ask God to watch over me and not let me do anything dumb or that would jeopardize my good name or credit. (I have a tendency to enjoy ordering things off the tv). The main thing is that I tell God that I know according to His Word that the steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, so I ask that He directs my steps. This phrase "good man" means someone who is living for God and doing all they can to follow His commands and obeying Him. We all fall short, but as long as when we fall, we fall "toward God", then this phrase would apply to us. I ask Him to be in every aspect of my life. To guide me in every way because only He knows not only my past and present, He knows my future. As long as I let Him guide me, I won't go astray. Last but not least, I praise Him and thank Him for who He is and what He has done and will do, IN JESUS' NAME.

Like I said earlier, it doesn't even have to sound like a prayer. It can be a conversation. Yes, a conversation requires a two-way. This means you say what you have on your heart like above, then you sit there quietly and listen to what He has to say to you. You might be surprised how quickly you will feel His reply to your conversation in your spirit. The key then is to ACT upon it. DO WHAT HE SAYS, no matter how crazy it sounds. We must remember God is Spiritual. He does not think logically. His ways are higher than our ways, and His thoughts are Higher than our thoughts.

Remember: Talk or pray to God every morning BEFORE you start your day. Tell Him what a wonderful God He is; Ask Him to direct your steps and be in every aspect of your life every day, ask Him to help you to overcome your shortcomings, (your temper, low self-esteem, arrogance, or whatever faults may hinder your HUMBLE walk with God). Thank Him, listen for His reply, then ACT upon it IN JESUS NAME.

Good Night to All and May God Bless!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: