Thursday, August 26, 2010

Seeking What's Lost


Good Morning to All!

Thank you for all of your prayers for me and my "problem". The doctor's office called me to day with the results of the X-Rays ( I still can't believe it took 4 days ) anyway she said it was not cracked after all. She said "it was fine". I asked her, "if it is fine, why could I not sit down, stand up straight or lay flat with out going through the roof because of pain and she told me, it's a VERY, VERY bad bruise. I'm grateful that it wasn't broken or cracked, but when I am in this much pain, "don't tell me it's fine!" It looks like that little donut and I are going to become best friends for a while, (not that it helps that much). OK, I got that off my chest. I have to say at least now I can actually sit on my "donut" for a little bit without hurting too bad. I'm still not up to cleaning houses or sitting in public (church) because I can't sit even on my donut for very many minutes without having to get up. Anyway, Thank you again! Your prayers are working. At least it isn't broken or cracked. I should be back to normal soon (I hope).

********************************************************
Today, for some reason, I feel the need for a Bible Seed lesson, taken from "Bible Seeds, A Simple Devotions for Growing in God's Word. I can't help but wonder how many people there are out there the feel the need for a touch from God, His comforting arms enveloping them saying all will be ok if they will just rest in Him, but yet....there is that nagging feeling of no, I'm too far gone", I can't be helped. It's too late, no one can help me. GOOD NEWS! It's not too late! The only way it would be too late is if a person denounces God and turns to the god of this world (Satan). This is not only speaking to the ones who are not sure about Him, it is also speaking to the ones who HAVE known Him, but whom the "world" pulled away from God's loving arms. HE WANTS YOU BACK! This is the way God sees it:

SEEKING WHAT'S LOST

For some reason, I keep thinking I have already posted this, but I checked all of my posts and couldn't find it. Therefore, I feel God is wanting this to be posted for a reason.

Today's Seed: "What do you think?" If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? and if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off". (Matthew 18:12-13)

The garden stuff flew off the shelves. Seed packets from last year, two trowels, a hand cultivator, ball of twine and a bright green kneeling pad...where are the garden gloves? Ah ha! Here's one, but where's its mate?

The search is on. One glove is not enough, especially when spreading mulch. Five minutes later, stilll only one glove. Oh, well, there's a new pair in the potting shed cupboard. We'll just forget about the lost glove.

It's a good think God's not like us. He doesn't just toss us away when we're lost. when we stray from him, He's ready and willing to come looking for us, just like the shepherd in the verses above.

Here's this shepherd. He's got ninety-nine sheep safely in the fold, but is he satisfied? Nope! He has to have all of them. He misses the one that isn't there. If we admit it, there are days when we'd be ecstatic to find ninety-nine out of the one hundred things we looked for! Amazed, even.

But not this shepherd. He loved the sheep. He loved the sheep he worked with day after day. He was concerned about that one lost lamb. He had to find it, and He searched for it until he rescued it and brought it back to the fold.


Dig Deeper: The Greek word for "wander" is planao, which means to roam, to go from safety, truth or virtue. We can wander from more than physical safety when we stray from God.

Background Bulb: When Jesus spoke of the lost sheep, he used a familiar theme, also used in the Old Testament, that shows clearly the love of God for everyone--nonbelievers and believers alike. (PJ's comment) Let me say, while He does love us all, non-believers and believers alike, He also says to spread the Gospel to All so that they may know His love and Be Saved).

This parable of the lost sheep is also found in Luke 15:4-7. there it is told to the unbeliever. He in Matthew, it's told to believers. It's the same story, retold to reveal Jesus' truth to different listeners. Jesus often used parables, or stories with similes or metaphors for comparison meanings to teach.

Weed & Water: Sometimes things aren't lost; we just don't remember where we left them. They're here somewhere, we tell ourselves. We may feel lost in our spiritual life. We don't know where we are, but God knows just where to look for us. god will not give up on us. Just like the shepherd, God will pursue us until he rescues us and brings us back to safety, truth, and virtue. His "flock" is not complete until we are safe in his family.

T
hink about it: How have you wandered from safety, truth, or virtue? In what ways have you turned to the "world" for comfort rather than crying out to God for help?

What will you do differently now that you know you are precious to God no matter what you've done, no matter how you got to where you are in your dilemma? He is UNCONDITIONAL when it comes to loving, because He is love. Just call on the NAME OF JESUS for anything you need.

Prayer Pot: Lord, be my shepherd an keep me from straying from you because of ....(Insert your needs).


Take-Away Idea: YOU ARE PRECIOUS TO GOD


Have a BLESSED DAY !

Share/Bookmark


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you had a bruised tailbone...so do I...but I don't have a doughnut!! :-(

lynette355 said...

sit easy dear lady.....sit easy