Thursday, February 21, 2013

"WISDOM OF SEEING THINGS THROUGH GOD'S EYES"

Good Evening to All!

I love to see God at work!  I enjoy seeing the way He works.  I know He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent, yet I still get excited and am amazed when I see HOW He makes things come together.

Here is what I am talking about.  Earlier today, I was talking to my sister on Facebook about a news article  about how the TSA (in my eyes) is abusing their power. I won't go into detail about the article, but if you are interested you can see it on my Facebook Page (PJ's Prayer Line).  Anyway, My sister told me to get used to it because times are going to get worse.  Of course I agreed.  The thing is I made the comment that I hope either Jesus comes soon, or He takes me out of this world soon because I don't like the way the world is.  I even went further and said that situations like this makes me ashamed to be part of the human race.

Well, a little while ago, I was going through one of my books to see if  God would point me to something to post about, and the following caught my eye.

Wisdom is the principal thing;  therefore, get wisdom:  and with all thy getting, get understanding.  (Proverbs 4:7).
 
There are a lot of wonderful things  on this earth that God has given us to enjoy.  We live in a beautiful world full of glorious trees, breath-taking mountains, immense oceans, fabulous sunsets, and on and on.  Nature is splendid.  Bright, sunny mornings with the birds singing and the dew sparkling on the grass are truly a gift of God.  It is when we look at the world through the eyes of God that we come to appreciate just how special it is.

It became VERY OBVIOUS to me that I was looking at the world through my own eyes rather than God's.  It is a certainty that I need to back up, repent and ask God to forgive me for being so negative about His Wonderful creation. 

Father, forgive me for not seeing the world through Your eyes.  Help me Lord to remember that You created this world and everything you do is wondrously made.  Who am I to be critical?   Help me to remember "my place".  That I am to love my enemies, I am to Love my neighbor as myself.  That includes people who I may disagree with, and who I feel are acting badly, or doing others wrong.  I am always telling people that it is not for us to judge, yet isn't that what I am doing when it comes to the shape this world is in?

Rather than being negative about this world, help me to find the good in it, yet to stay aware of  the signs of the times, so that I will be ready when it is time for You to come back for Your Church. 


Thank you Jesus for bringing this to my attention.



As of right now, I am going to make a conscious effort to concentrate on God's beautiful creation and  seeing it through His eyes rather than my own and to remember one of my favorite verse: 

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.  Philippians 4:8

All but the last picture are pictures my husband has taken while in Arizona.  They were taken while going down the Colorado River on a Riverboat ride.  Beautiful scenery, don't you think?  I was truly surprised when we got here. I always pictured Arizona as a desert, but never giving thought to it having mountains around it. 

With all of the ugly things going on around us, I hope that y'all will take my suggestion and do as I am going to do.  Take a few minutes out of every day and look at the earth through God's eyes.  See the beauty He created. 

Good night to All and May God Bless!




Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Frank E. Blasi said...

Dear PJ,

Yes, I fully agree, it is a beautiful world. The only places in Arizona I have visited were Phoenix, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon.
Ah, the Grand Canyon! Did you have the opportunity to visit this too?
At Grand Canyon Village there is a plaque praising God for his magnificient works. It was quoted from Psalm 104:24.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree... if we saw EVERYTHING as God sees them, even the trials we face adn the difficulties taking place in the world we would see as a blessing. They are serving a divine purpose to bring about God's sovereign will onto the earth.

Our problem is, many times, we look at things concentrating on how they affect us and not seeing the "bigger picture" of things. I find myself doing that all the time. I've finally come to the conclusion that I'm being selfish and lack faith and wisdom. UGH!

Lord bless you PJ, another great posting.

katlupe said...

I think God wants us to see the ugly as well as the beautiful, so we can make our choice. If this world was always beautiful and easy, maybe some people would never turn to God. In bad times, more people will open their hearts and minds to God.

Keeping our faith in all times, good or bad is most important. I have put my life into God's hands and just have to trust that things will turn out for the best.