Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Salvation or Misconceptions

King James Version of the BibleImage via Wikipedia

John 3:3-5 (New King James Version)
3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
Hello Everyone! Once again, it's after midnight and I'm just getting my blog started. I do have a good excuse though. Although today has been a pretty busy one, my main reason was because for one thing I went to a "Women's Aglow Meeting", and it lasted for almost 3 hours! That's longer than our church service, and I'm Pentecostal. You know how we Pentecostals are known for our long services! They sure are good though!!!!!Anyway, after I got home about 10pm, I was trying to find out how to link my blog to my Associated Content articles. It took a while, but a fantastic young lady came through for me and told me how. I will be so glad when I figure all this stuff out! It just seems like the older I get, the harder it is for me to grasp things. That is to say, understand the workings of things like computers and such. Of course when good old arthur-itis is acting up its hard to grasp the other way too!
The reason I picked out this specific Bible verse is to show the importance of both types of baptisms water and Spirit. I had someone tell me a while back that "water" baptism wasn't important anymore because it was just a symbol. Well, according to the Bible, I must disagree. It is Ultimately important for our souls. Here is a piece of the first article I wrote for Associated Content. At the end of it, I will place a link so that you can read the whole article if I have peaked your interest. I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know what you think. Also, don't forget to leave your prayer requests on the comments area if you would like for me to pray for you.

Salvation or Misconceptions
Food for Thought
If someone came up to you on the street and asked you, "If you die today, will you go to heaven"? What would you HONESTLY say? Unfortunately in this day and time Salvation has many different faces, and has become to a lot of people just a "word" with many meanings and as many ways to receive it. The spirituality of it is having less and less of an impact. If you ask ten people what Salvation is and how to get it, you would more than likely get at least six or seven different answers. There are misconceptions that are liable to get people into trouble "salvation-wise", ideas such as "once saved always saved", or "I'm a good person, so I'll automatically go to heaven" to name a couple.
Please Remember, this article is meant as "Food for Thought".
Sincerely,
PJ
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

lynette355 said...

keep on keeping on PJ
you are hard at it and i pat you on the back
of course it is a sleeping back now with you staying up so late.
lol well we will miss you at CURVES today. My Dear Hubby has a horrid tooth so it is off to the dentist for us. He still can not drive with that foot.
Now you see why I get these early morning starts as I could never handle the late night endings.

Crazee Juls said...

Wow...I loved this post. The truth--that's what you've written.. I think that you have a great thing going here. :) Keep it up! One of my very good friends is a 70 year old Pentecostal Preacher's wife...and she always kids me about us baptists beating the pentecostals to restaurants for lunch after church...:)

And thank you for the kind words you said about Hannah... She has been in a few shows around this area...and she loves singing, I just don't know if we're ready to try out for something as big as America's Got Talent.. right now, we just do it for fun because she loves singing so much. :)
Have a great Thursday!!